Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc) is seeking volunteers diagnosed with schizophrenia to participate in a new study looking at the effectiveness of Ondansetron in reducing positive, negative and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia.
What does our research involve?
• 12 week trial consisting of 5 study visits
• Two participant groups – patients taking clozapine and patients taking other atypical antipsychotic
• Participants in each group will be randomised to receive either ondansetron or placebo
• Aged 18-65
• Current diagnosis of schizophrenia,
• schizoaffective or schizophreniform disorder
• Current treatment with a stable and standard dose of an atypical antipsychotic medication, oral or intramuscular (Minimum of eight weeks)- includes clozapine
- Ability to provide informed consent
Dr Arie Sebastian
Ph: +61 3 90766590