Paranoid thoughts about my boyfriend

I’m getting some paranoid thoughts today that my boyfriend wants me over for Thanksgiving to kill me. I don’t know where these thoughts came from, but it’s making me anxious.

4 Likes

Are you still enjoying your job at Starbucks? Focus on something else.

1 Like

Do you have a PRN you can take?

I know how scary it was when I thought my best friend was trying to kill me, and that she’d gotten everyone else I knew in on it, too.

1 Like

One day in the car with my father
I feared that he drives me to an open area
to execute me.
Paranoia is a bītch

1 Like

Yeah I like it. I don’t work much but I have liked when I have.

I only have one left and no refills until I see my pdoc :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh. That’s rough. How long before you see your pdoc? Maybe you can call next week and ask them to send in a script to the pharmacy?

1 Like

Maybe silly Question, but why dont you ask him directly? If he knows you well enough he will understand and you can put the paranoia to bed.

I always believe you should act promptly on any issue - or your just gonna be sitting stressing over it.

Come off it - use a bit of logic, you know its daft. x

2 Likes

How can you have insight while being paranoid?

2 Likes

It’s a thing. 15

It’s very possible.

2 Likes

You can have insight. Its about constantly questioning your thoughts and actions - and how to improve it in the future.

Most people act on impulse when they react. If you take a step back and question it - you can improve it.

4 Likes

I have almost always retained some level of insight. I’m very lucky for that.

1 Like

have you been hospitalized?

Yes 15 times or so

I made it here despite my anxiety

1 Like

I get this regularly. It’s a ■■■■■. I often think my partner might kilo me. Usually what triggers it is a look or something said in a certain way and I just don’t know how to interpret it so I think he is going to kill me.

I’ve spoken to him about it. But that took years cause I kept thinking that what if he isn’t thinking of killing me and bringing it up with him would give him the idea.

Paranoia is awful. But it did help to finally bring it up to him. Maybe you could do this ?

1 Like

I did talk with him about it and being here and seeing how he cares about me is helping. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

1 Like

Having a bad symptom day. Ptsd triggers and paranoia and now command hallucinations.

From what you tell, you have the ability to realize when you are going to have a psychotic break.
When you see the psychotic break coming, take 4 mg of clonazepam.
Anxiolytics work on psychotic breakouts. But only if the person can realize that the psychotic break is approaching.
It is a privileged minority within schizophrenics.
Most do not have that ability.
All this I tell you from my own experience, I have been using this method for 2 years and it works. And my psychiatrist knows it and allows me to do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.