Osteoporosis Associated with Antipsychotic Treatment in Schizophrenia

1 Like

Pdoc took me almost completely off risperidal and switches due to high prolactin. He said very dangerous for bones

I notice the article is 7 years old.

I started getting osteoarthritis at 18 from my pregnancies, then at 22 started AP and it spread like wildfire over the years. My last xrays and MRI show it is so severe, I look worse than my 70 year old Grama did just before she died. It’s in my spine, pelvis, both hips, and complete lower back. They said damage is done, no way to prevent anything more and my cane is gonna be my friend for years. I’m going to a pain management for my RSD in April, but they said they’re gonna take the arthritis into account if we decide on pain meds, cause for RSD it’s usually nerve deadening injections every 2 weeks for life, and I refuse those cause I’d be left immobile. So pain meds are the only option along with my TENS unit, which helps only the small area covered, and only the hour it’s on. Can’t use that all day every day ya know.

I’m so sorry to hear this. You sound like a very strong person to go through that