Oscars Snubbing Artists of Colour?

Now Chris Rock is being asked to not emcee the event from other black artists…

I kinda think ‘it’s just one of those years’, but am I wrong?

Opinions?

Who should they have nominated? Will Smith? I haven’t seen his movie but I’ve seen enough Will Smith movies to know he only plays one character in all his movies, Will Smith. The guy just doesn’t deserve an Oscar.

What about Straight out of Compton? Haven’t seen it.

I just think that nominating someone just based on their race is pretty stupid. If there were no actors of color or appropriate moves that were good enough then don’t nominate them just because of their race.

5 Likes

The lottery had the motto “You’ve got to be in it to win it!”

Maybe blacks are under represented, maybe Africa and possibly the world needs more black directors casting black actors!

Even South Park didn’t want to under represent so you have Token :stuck_out_tongue:

This is when I say Obama won the nomination and election over better candidates!

1 Like

I am more concerned with Jason Statham being snubbed. Crank 2 should have swept almost every category that year.

Pixel.

Most movies feature whites as the leading roles. Will Smith is the exception…

All I know is that there should be more racial diversity at the Oscars, and the big and small screens. People of color have been left out for far too long.

7 Likes

Fiscally (and artistically), you have a solid point.

America Loves Diverse Movies, So Why Isn’t Hollywood Making Them?

http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/oscars-so-white-academy-so-slow

It’s not even just people of color. It’s so many talented white actors and actresses too who aren’t in the little Hollywood buddy buddy circle. Have you noticed that the same people tend to get nominated or win all the time?? I don’t think it’s racist, I think it’s all-around excluding many many wonderful actors and actresses of all races

My fave black actress: C.C.H. Pounder. She rocks it every time she steps in front of a camera. Award for over-the-top black actor goes to Samuel L. Jackson. I’d say that Black Snake Moan was pretty much his perfect storm. I don’t care that they’re black, just that they’re fookin’ AWESOME.

Pixel.

Like you said, doesn’t matter that they’re black just that they’re awesome, but my favorite black movie star is Halle Berry. Love love love her!!

Here’s the trailer for Black Snake Moan:

Oscar. Worthy.

Pixel.

The runner up was Hillary. It begs the question: did she make that far because of her gender? Or her qualifications? It’s a fair question if you’re going to compare nominees. Both their political backgrounds was limited to being senators. Between those two, who was more qualified?

Speaking of Hilary, she’s at 1.04% in this poll and still dropping.

http://drudgereport.com/nosp.htm

Trump’s numbers have been dropping from 40% this morning to about 35.98 at time of posting, whereas Sanders has come from third place up to second. I think we can stop taking Clinton seriously. Time to stick a fork in her.

Pixel.

1 Like

Do we have any butter?

I think there’s some oleo in the cubbard that was left over from the party. You’re welcome to it.

What I want to know is, who drank the bong water?

(Thread hijacking? Oh yeah, I just went there.)

Pixel.

Bong water is nasty. I’ve been desperate it enough to drink it before at the hope of getting a buzz.

Huh. I don’t usually get suspects to confess this quickly.

Pixel.

I’ve thought about using kool aid but nobody would let me drink it lol

Well, it’s not something I’m proud of, lol.