Nothing gets into my head

I am trying read or try to listen to others by focussing a lot. But my brain does not function. It keeps forgetting what I read or listen short term. What does it mean?

3 Likes

It can be cognitive symptoms…!!! U should talk to ur pdoc…!!

1 Like

Talking to pdoc did not help so far. Also medications did not help. I am managing with minimal skillset. Things are getting worse day by day. Maybe i need to change doctor and meds.

2 Likes

Change ur pdoc …!!!

1 Like

That’s frustrating. But @far_cry0 just gave the best advice. . :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a similar issue, since I can remember studying. It’s hard for me to remember important things, like what teachers say in classes and stuff like that.

My advice it’s to repeat, repeat and repeat, knowing that you have that problem could help you know that you have to work harder to get things in your head.

When I know studying a lot isn’t enough I usually bring some auxiliary memory sheets with some answers of the exam and copy them to the exam. I get really nervous when I do, but sometimes it’s the only choice I have to not fail in the exams.

Good luck @Melomaniac

2 Likes

I am changing the pdoc. Its frustrating but i have to do it for the welfare of the family.

1 Like

I have this problem. It’s extremely demoralizing. It means the difference between struggling in an easy job and getting ahead. I feel stuck.

You really take all this stuff for granted until you lose it.

I am blaming myself for it, rather i should not be. As stated, its a no fault disease. But i am not able to make sense of what i am doing all the time.

1 Like

Record the lecture it’s that simple and try to make life more simple. Take out everything you don’t need like things that waste your time! And try using those android games that help with memory loss there’s plenty of them on Google play store most off them are free! It helps alot.

Or maybe you might just be nervous… Yuu might not remember them and that’s what scares you. Making you forget things! Easy fix. Hope you do well!

I left school… At that time I wasn’t prepared to deal with stress. But now it’s been so long dealing with stress that I just do it now. I get things done! At the end of the day that’s what matters most to me. I can care less if I heard a bunch of flies going through the left ear and out the right. Going deaf would be awesome to me. Cheers/:slight_smile: don’t be stupid and leave school.

I dont know if anything will help me at this stage. I am so used to boredom, lethargy and sitting alone for long time. Nothing amuses me. I am not able to laugh or make jokes. I am so weak that i am not able to get my points across or not able to form meaningful sentences that makes me happy.

3 Likes

I was at the university when I was on medication and couldn’t study even for 5 min but then my pdoc had a strock and I changed my pdoc. the new one reduced the dosage and miraculously I was me again and finished university with good grades. its all your medications side effect I think. the symptoms will vanish by the time. its a process or at least it was so for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am also hoping that same will happen to me. I am not able to concentrate even for 2 min now. I am only constantly bothered by my indifference to things. And also i get images and voices that are loud and clearly disturbing me. That my current pdoc is not accepting as it could be something that needs to be looked at seriously.

2 Likes

How long have u been on your current AP?
If you have been on it for quite a while I would also suggest an AP change if it’s also ok with ur Pdoc.
Hope things get better for you

don not engage yourself with voices’ contents. never give any attention to them. like meditators only watch them without engaging as time passes by your mind would become more peaceful.

1 Like

Then get out of your comfort zone if you are sitting down. Quick run to your nearest wall, run back and sit down. Then think about what you just did.

Cmon yure not dead yet…

I have been on the current AP - Latuda for almost 6 months. It has given me nightmares during days. There is no progress. AP would be nice.

Maybe ask to change at the 6-month mark…I think that is a good amount of time to wait for progress…have you asked ur pdoc about AP change any time soon?

I have been doing this for long time. Problem is half the time is spent on me ignoring and avoiding the voices.

1 Like

ignoring doesn’t take time. you are doing your job like you are in a crowded place. if you avoid voices by thinking to avoiding and ignoring it takes time!