Nightmares. Talked to my pys doc

After having nightmares almost every night for two months and having had them regularly since childhood my pys doc swapped one of my insomnia meds after talking with the pharmacist.

So now I’ve been put on Ezopliclone 2mg from Belsomra 20mg. Apparently I’ve built up a tolerance to the belsomra 20mg and this causes nightmares.

Anyone with experience with Ezopliclone I would like to hear your stories. I’ve read in the archives that it leaves a nasty taste.

I’m on 3 other insomnia meds also. And fall to sleep very peacefully and wake up fresh usually unless I’ve had a Xanax.

1 Like

I dont know anything about those meds you speak of, but i also have trouble with frequent terrifying nightmares. And also sleep paralysis. But havent had sleep paralysis for a while now thank god.
It sucks ay. Hate it when there so bad you dont wanna go back to sleep and end up staying awake for long periods.

1 Like

Funny, I have insomnia and they give me more aps. Well, to be fair I do have strange reactions to sleeping meds. Anyway, I don’t know about your med but I do know whenever I start getting bad nightmares they give me prazosin and it takes care of that real quick.

1 Like

@Ozzyskits yea the nightmares are really draining. I just said to my dr when he asked how my month was that “my brain is broken”. The meds are in japan so may go under a different name depending where you are. I’m looking forward to a peaceful nights sleep.

1 Like

@Leaf im on a depot for anti psychotics and two tablets in the morning. The tablets cause insomnia so it’s best to take in the morning and since I have been doing I’ve had a stable mood compared to the last 12 years.

1 Like

I am taking melatonin and clonazepam for sleeping. Going to try magnesium also. Have to ween off the clonazepam though as I am only using short term. I have been doing lots of exercise that has been making me tired to fall asleep. As a side exercise is giving me great bowel movements.

1 Like

Thats quite strange but I realy dream when I sleep.

1 Like

I was put on a blood pressure medicine for nightmares before and it helped a lot. Also emdr for trauma helped my nightmares significantly too. They periodically come back though

1 Like

Well it’s 2am. I went to sleep at 8pm.
Just had a fun dream I was playing rugby again,
Also there is a strong taste of metal coming through.
But that’s not so bad compared to the nightmares,
Ok back to sleep for me.

1 Like