Nerdy trivia part 2

enjoyed the last one…so if you answer it ask a question in return…

1. why is an atom not actual an atom?
    hard one lol so a hint… atom is not originally an English word…
2 Likes

Probably because “atom” means something that cannot be broken or split, whereas the real atoms can be split into nuclei and electrons …

Why is the sky blue? I don’t actually know the answer to this one, it’s deep physics behind.

2 Likes

It is actually not blue. We generally say that something is blue if it reflects blue light, but the sky lets blue light through, a bit like tinted glass. I was taught in school that the atmosphere shifts the wavelength of the light by bouncing it around or something but most of what I learned in school was wrong, so I’m going to blame aliens and move on to the next question:

Where is @Chew?

1 Like

blue lights shorter wavelength allows it to be scattered more easily when it hits our air… violets wavelength is similar but our eyes cones are attracted more to the blue so our brains are not giving us a completely true picture of the sky…

on earth or Above.

how many unique lines does a triolet have?

ask me for hint

1 Like

triolet has 8 lines…but only 5 unique lines…

which hits the ground first a bullet fired from a gun or a bullet dropped from the hand at equal height?

1 Like

it’s against my ways, but i think they both hit the ground at the same time. downward velocity is the same…

what’s the max number of words a sonnet can have?

1 Like

you are correct i had to cheat to figure out triolet…to be fair i looked up an example poem and had to count…i did know it was a poetic form before hand though …your question… also how tricky is 8 lines some of which repeat at odd intervals using two? rhymes…im guessing there is a set structure to this and its probably more difficult than it looks at a glance…

1 Like

yes, it’s quite fascinating. here’s a very creative one from Thomas Hardy:

here’s mine: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

good stuff i like them both. @sirBoring the bard… being able to write with any real structure or many rules is not my strong spot if you haven’t noticed lol… so write often it is a gift…

1 Like

oh we left it without a new question lol

whats he mans arch nemesis name…i do not remember anything from the show so i only know one bad guys name im unsure if he had any others lol…

1 Like

she mans? lol lol… I’m a dumb butt…

hint…?

1 Like

lol i don’t know how to give a clue for this… ive never seen the show or movies…im guessing you haven’t either lol… uhh the name is mentioned on south park and robot chicken this person has a few segments…

1 Like

Skeletor!

A question from my studies: what is the only bone in the human body that does not articulate with another bone?

2 Likes

we have a stand alone bone? edit… i wouldn’t have guessed it was there…

1 Like

Is it the hyoid?

2 Likes

Yes, the hyoid bone!

1 Like

I didn’t even look that up! All that anatomy and physiology I studied for natural therapies came in use!

The mission to which planet by NASA was managed by a majority of women in the team?

2 Likes

i had a guess of mars…tried to double check with google maybe i phrased it wrong but found not crap…so mars…but apparently fly by of pluto holds the record for women but they neither landed nor is it a planet… @anon84763962

1 Like

Maybe I shouldn’t have written mission, but it was pluto.

1 Like