My pets help keep me sane

Among those with pets, how important do you consider them to be regarding your mental health?

My dog and cat help me immensely. I’ve had my cat for 11 years, my dog for 3 years, and I cannot imagine life without them. They keep me from feeling too lonely, and I am much happier with them than I would be without them. Even if I still do get depressed, they are quite helpful.

9 Likes

My dog means everything to me. I would be so lonely without her. She gives me unconditional love and purpose to my life. She just climbed up on my lap to snuggle. :dog: :blush:

6 Likes

I don’t think I would have lived here for as long as I have if it wasn’t for my pets. They have help me in so many ways. I would be a different person without them. A very lost person.

4 Likes

1000% essential. They comfort me and ground me and entertain me and provide companionship. When they are in danger or dying, I go completely off the rails. Caring for them makes me feel like I’m contributing something worthwhile to the world. I’m proud of how well cared for they are.

5 Likes

My three dogs are my life. The are my children and they add so much to my life. I would be dead if I didn’t have them.

3 Likes

When my brother took the dog for a few days I definitely had the weird feeling of something missing. I didn’t think I’d miss him. I didn’t have a valid reason to go out like always which is to take him out.

Also, that dog is super cute. Ah!

I’d rather have human company though. Which is sad to say when there are other “humans” in my own home.,

2 Likes

My friend Oliver is always close by. He’s closer than my shadow. And being a bit of a Blue Heel he has a beautiful tongue.

4 Likes

Love my dog. Don’t know what I would do without him.

2 Likes

I know my cat, Simba, helps keep me sane. He knows when I am not feeling well. It’s like he has a sixth sense or something. He’s that in tune with me. He’s 14 years old and I’ve had him for the past 9 years. I love him absolutely. And he feels the same way about me. I don’t know what I’d do without him. Scary to think.

2 Likes