My insurances nurse advice line called 911 on me

I had an allergic reaction to my ap and they called 911. I ran put some clothes on just in time to hear the sirens. I tried telling her it wasn’t THAT bad but she said she had to call because my mouth was swollen. They checked me out and said I didn’t have to go if I didn’t want to but I definitely can’t take that medicine anymore.

Yesterday morning I had an allergic reaction to my dish soap.

My immune system has gone haywire. Now I’m afraid of random allergy attacks to run of the mill, everyday things that I have always had and done

3 Likes

Woa. I’m glad you’re ok. Was it a new AP?

1 Like

No, it’s my saphris

Did you switch to a generic ?

1 Like

How do you feel?

1 Like

no, I’m still on name brand

1 Like

My mouth is swollen and burns. But I’m ok

That’s so bizarre. I hope it doesn’t get worse …

1 Like

Did you get seen by hospital

It says any allergic reaction lips swell
Is an emergency

1 Like

Get checked seen by a doctor at least

1 Like

I’m glad you’re ok for now. Do you have Benedryl on hand to be safe? Also, anytime you have swelling in the mouth or face or throat you need to get and always carry an epipen. Talk to your primary dr about it.

4 Likes

Yes, the paramedics came to my house and checked me. They said I am ok for now. It was a localized reaction. They have advised me to discontinue the medication. I just talked with my pharmacist and he said saphris has not changed. I am really confused.

1 Like

Aww im pretty useless with medical stuff

But you surely need to be checked, make a gp appointment they will check you over and know whats what

Looking online, articles seem to point out that you can develop allergies to things as an adult.

I think I don’t need an epipen because the saphris made my mouth swell because it’s placed under the tongue, and that’s exactly where it swelled. It spread a little but not to my throat

1 Like

Well I’m no dr, but I think you should talk to your dr about it to be safe. I am just worried about you is all

2 Likes

Ok, I will for sure. At least until this all gets settled it might be smart

3 Likes

I’m glad you are okay. There are some autoimmune disorders more common in people with psychosis. Sometimes those can cause spontaneous allergic reactions. It might be good to follow up with a rhumetologist or allergist.

3 Likes

I’m glad you are doing better @Leaf
Scary

1 Like

Idiopathic anaphylaxis is a real thing. Really ■■■■■■■ scary. Glad you’re alright, but if you don’t have EpiPens, you definitely need to get a script asap.

4 Likes