My husband is a freakin' genius

I’ve been battling insomnia for almost 2 weeks now. I blamed it on the Abilify but I was placed on a estrogen patch about a month ago for menopausal symptoms. My husband pointed this out and wondered if I should take melatonin with it. I looked it up and turns out excess estrogen blocks melatonin production… leading to insomnia. Now I just have to make it through another sleepless night until I can get some melatonin!

10 Likes

Valarie take some steps …sleep is equally important…talk to ur pdoc…

Sometimes husbands are useful creatures.

6 Likes

I’m going to try the melatonin first. I don’t have an appt with the pdoc for quite a while and getting a phone message to her that is not an emergency is difficult. I think the melatonin is what I need anyhow.

2 Likes

Some people here take melatonin for sleep…they had said it helps… @Gina2 takes it and @anon93437440 also takes it …!!!

1 Like

That’s not a selling point.

5 Likes

Haha pix i wanna help her.too.the first option would be going through the pdoc or G.p …!!! Sorry @shutterbug i am not a vendor…hahahaha …

1 Like

No 24/7 pharmacies?

No. I live in a very rural area. :frowning:

In case the melatonin doesn’t work, there is a med called “amytriptaline” that can help re-establish a good sleeping pattern. It is a tricyclic antidepressant combined with a sedative. You could ask your doctor about it if all else fails.

1 Like

Hey Pixel how are you chilling man?

Funny, my wife is like my doctor too she’s always pointing to solutions to my health issues.:slight_smile:

Amitriptyline is an effective sedative, but for me it made my voices worse. And I gained 35 lbs on it.

1 Like

Even if all his quotes are “garbage” (in his own words), Sagar has quite a bit of experience with supplements :pill:

1 Like

Yeah it works like magic

Melatonin makes me having restless legs, that’s why I’m not using them. My pdoc wrote me some Tenox for sleeping problems.

It worked for me for about six months. I’d had insomnia all my life, though, so I was a tough nut to crack. After it quit working they took me off it.

@Ninjastar How’s the morning dose going>

They switched me to 60 at night and 20 in the morning. That works much better.

1 Like

are you sleepy on 20 in the mornings?