My doctor is ignoring me

I was supposed to get a $200 gift grocery card from my health insurance company for having an annual medicare checkup. I had it done November 20th and around December 20th I called my insurance company to check on the status of my card and was told to call back three weeks in a row.

After three weeks I was told my PCP who gave me the exam had billed it incorrectly and I couldn’t get the card until it was billed correctly. To make a long story short, I’ve got in touch with my doctor several times and she swears she billed it correctly. I’ve called my insurance company more than a dozen times and they swear she billed it incorrectly. Neither side will say they’re wrong and I should have got my gift card two months ago but I’m having to go through different channels to get this straightened out.

My last call was to my health plan and they said she should resubmit the claim. I PM’d my doctor four times to get her to resubmit it but I think she is tired with dealing with this and is ignoring me and not returning messages. It’s frustrating and taking a lot of my time and energy to take care of this matter and I think my health plan and my doctor don’t give enough of a damn about me to help me work this out, and just don’t care and hope I’ll give up and stop trying to get my gift card.

Screw 'em, I’m going to keep trying but I think my doctor is sick of hearing about it and my health plan couldn’t care less about me getting the card. It sucks because I haven’t done anything wrong, one of them are the ones who screwed up and now I’m paying the price for their mistake. I don’t need this aggravation.

4 Likes

200 bucks is a lot and youve put a lot of effort in

2 Likes