My Delusions, Experiences, and Memories. Very Long Post. TW

Functional programming has to do with functions I’m guessing it also has something to do with random forests and trees and that’s the staff of AI development if that’s what you mean by interesting staff as AI is definitely the point of interest for many right now.

1 Like

My step-father is weird. He’s like an electrical engineer, computer science major, and a bunch of other jack of all trades things including a small business owner/entrepreneur. He’s definitely a genius compared to me.

I think he knew fortran and maybe did functional programming and other stuff like “strings” (not sure what that is) for automation and engineering.

I wish I knew assembly language or like in the old days. I feel like old timers know computers better than most new CS majors today because they worked with older hardware and equipment and couldn’t use the internet to cheat or google things like people do now. They used to have to go to the library. It was more work lol.

1 Like

Back to my ‘delusions’. Sometimes I think the world ended already or did before and we live in a simulated reality that never ends. Some people say the upper bound probability is 50/50.

Nobody really knows/cares/can prove it. But I feel like the ‘aliens’ are already here and already invaded. I sometimes think the world ended in 2011/2012, but that’s impossible to prove for me and kind of pointless and moot.

Ya, in my base life or original life, I think I created blockchain in high school, but don’t remember anything because I’m schizophrenic or because I got cloned by aliens or reincarnated an infinite amount of times in a time loop that begins in a unknown year for me. I can only hypothesize or guess, really.

Sometimes, it gives me paranoia – my thoughts and delusions. It’s probably not real and might be a delusion and a result of my drinking.

Microsoft said it might be a machine learning algorithm or no computer actually running the matrix like I thought it was “quantum markov chain” or something I googled or read into lol.

Microsoft also (I believe) came up with the idea of a quantum black hole computer from a scientific magazine I read online (article) but I could be wrong…

It’s crazy…

I got a lot of delusions and I seem to have ‘inserted myself’ or ‘read into’ other people’s experiences and sad stories and stuff.

Oh absolutely people who worked with computers back in the day (think ENIAC) had to know a lot more and carry around a lot of knowledge in their minds because Google wasn’t there for to them. Modern day CS majors are in it mostly because they think tech field is trendy and they think they’ll earn good money but they don’t actually have any passion for computers they are just following the hype. They don’t “think” in a way you had to think back in the day, that’s for sure

1 Like

It will be interesting to see when NP=P some day.

List of Programming Languages:
APL
ASP
Ada
Assembly
Awk
Basic
C
C#
C++
Cython
Delphi/Kylix
Emacs-Lisp
Erlang
Euler
F#
Forth
Fortran
Go
Haskell
Java
JavaScript
Kotlin
Lisp
Logo
Lua
ML
OCaml
Object Pascal
Objective C
Other
Other Scripting Engines
PHP
PL/SQL
Pascal
Perl
Pike
Prolog
Python
Implementation
CPython
IronPython
Jython
MicroPython
PyPy
Stackless
R
REBOL
Rexx
Ruby
Rust
SQL
Scheme
Tcl
Unix Shell
Visual Basic
YACC
Zope

1 Like

I was lucky enough to learn Basic in middle school. My step-father forgot all the schools I went to including my elementry school even. I sort of changed schools a lot or moved around a lot. He’s getting memory problems, but I know myself more than anyone else on this planet, even more than my doctors! I’ve told people and myself I am my own worst enemy.

I tried Linux for a bit. Like Ubuntu and Fedora, but I didn’t really mind it. I mean I played around with it. I am burned out with Linux. I did some shell and scripting stuff that’s about it.

I wish I knew MatLab or learned it more in community college. That would have been nice. Or mathmatica.

Are those all the languages you know? Or is that just a list you found?

I’m so pissed schools don’t have CS departments like my niece says they don’t do programming. She’s not even interested though, but I thought that was a good field for money and careers.

I started on the computer in first grade. I did well. I usually played video games a lot more than anything else. I was a loner!

My former best friend said C# is the hot thing for big tech.

I wish I knew some of Go I heard it’s good for quantum computing :wink:

I also think Python is my most favorite language though. So intuitive and clear for me.

nah I don’t know many of those languages I just saw this list on https://pypi.org when was looking for modules to import. The list doesn’t include COBOL though I guess noone is using that language anymore
Python is def the most intuitive and straight forward language

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.