My delusional phenomena that I experienced

That delusional phenomena that I experienced looks very similar to Fregoli Syndrome, but it’s not Fregoli Syndrome, I don’t know how to accurately call it, but it wasn’t prosecutory in nature.

When I used to have severe communication delays, I believed that no one has facial expressions, and thought that everyone was the same to me, but it wasn’t prosecutory in nature as I explained above, and it wasn’t about disguise.

4 Likes

Interesting… is it visual? I’ve visually seen people turn into zombie like creatures where they would look like dead, with dark patches all over their faces. Was very frightening. And I was just walking around on the street. It was visual.

2 Likes

No, it was profound Prosopagnosia explained by Autism Spectrum Disorder.

3 Likes

The way I experienced profound Prosopagnosia from my childhood, is that everyone’s faces looks like dark web mask, and thought and misidentified my family with other people, because I thought that everyone was the same to me. It was a very unpleasant experience.

2 Likes

I never had prosopagnosia. Interesting phenomena.

1 Like

And very unpleasant experience.

Having delusions can sometimes feel fun at first, but when delusions are tuned down, the realization comes on how unpleasant it is.

1 Like

I had never ever heard about prosopagnosia. I researched. Found it interesting that it existed. It must have being highly strange.

1 Like

I doubt I ever experienced what you call prosopagnosia. However I am familiar with inability to recognize people. After psychosis most people look like someone I met before psychosis: classmates, relatives, collegues. Their features are not distorted however.

1 Like

It was a very severe Prosopagnosia to the point where it evolved some kind of delusional misidentification phenomena.

You didn’t see the faces of anybody? Just family? Is there any feature in the face or is it a complete blank? Did it stop sometimes? How long was this ongoing? How did it get resolved?

1 Like

It was complete blank, I could not see faces of my family and other’s faces. It was like that throughout my childhood until I was 16 years old. It got resolved with social skills training and therapy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.