My crochet project!

I’m going to make an afghan this winter. I made the first square today. It’s called a Finnish granny square (Finland), and I followed a youtube video to make it—the petals are quite difficult as they require trebles. It’ll take about 56 squares in total to make the blanket. I find the hobby super relaxing. The turquoise has a bit more green in it than what’s shown here. The photo is too blue. I’m using Red Heart Comfort yarn (in jade colour). I bought 3 big balls of it! The hook is size 6 mm, and the yarn is worsted 4.
grannysquare1

The voices just said: “Warm, warm! WARM!” :smile:

10 Likes

LOL. Well, it does look warm!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I really like that color. It’s really cool that you have a fun crafty hobby. :slight_smile: I’d like to become crafty, again. Someday… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad I took it up. I gives me something to do besides art and writing. :slight_smile: Oddly, I can only make squares by following youtube videos. I can’t go by written instructions. :smiley:

1 Like

YouTube is a blessing, eh? :smiley: I started to learn how to knit, via a YouTube video! I’d like to get back into it. Or something else crafty or artsy. I just have negative symptoms that make it hard to enjoy hobbies by myself. :open_mouth: But I hope that I will get better, in that department. :smiley:

Youtube sure is a blessing! I’m sorry to hear your negative symptoms get in the way. I hope things improve for you.

1 Like

That’s beautiful. I need that blanket. It matches my color scheme for my house. Everything is grey and aqua or turquoise.

1 Like

Thank you. There wasn’t much yarn left in the Walmart aisle, but they had three big balls of this colour. I lucked out. :partying_face:

1 Like

It was meant to be

1 Like

I’ve come cross some really good crochet projects and ideas on Pinterest.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about Pinterest. I haven’t tried to learn how to read a crochet pattern yet. I can’t do it. I just follow the movements of the youtube instructors. I do a square to the video about five times, and then do the rest without looking at the vidoe.

Yeah, I can understand that
I can’t read those diagrams but I can word instructions

1 Like

I absolutely have no patience for these kind of hobbies but if u can, I can see from the results how rewarding it must be :+1:

1 Like

Good start I love crochet

1 Like

That looks lovely, really vibrant colors. I knit and also find this to be super relaxing. Once I found a knitting pattern and the first directions were “Try and keep a level head”. And I thought absolutely not, this pattern is gonna be way too difficult.

1 Like

Love it! It’s going to be a beautiful blanket. I love crocheting too it keeps my mind occupied and my hands too so I don’t smoke so much lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.