My art sucks

I can’t even believe I am writing this whiny crap. But I feel so bad and need to vent…

What’s wrong with my art? Why won’t people like it? I get so little likes and comments on social media. I have started to think it is because I have no talent and I am just wasting my time. I can’t think of any other reason why people won’t react to my art!

I am seriously considering to erase my work from the internet, like it never was there. I feel so discouraged.

I am going to keep a break from posting art to social media. I am starting school, art studies, in open university soon and I really want to work with my creativity and art skills and make my art more high quality. Learn more. I am very motivated!

BUT I feel really depressed right now. I feel like a failure. My art is everything to me. I have thought I have talent, but now I’m starting to really doubt that. I am very embarrassed of writing and publishing this topic, and the last thing I need or want is pity or seek for compliments. I just had to vent my frustration out. I feel like a 10 year old, complaining about such a childish thing, but I just need to get this feeling out of my system.

Phew.

5 Likes

Your art is arresting and fantastic

3 Likes

I dont remember what it looks like.

1 Like

It’s beautiful, I’ve seen it. I used to post my Art on Facebook and barely got any comments or likes. Don’t let it get you down, you have a unique gift and most people are too lazy to be content creators! You are very special. I think it’s cool that you want to study to improve your skills too! Good luck. :blush:

1 Like

Do you practice art for the sake of producing original pieces or do you just want a popular standing among your peers?

I personally am a little of both. It feels good to be recognized.

Keep ya head up.

:smiley:

This is something you either grow wise enough to ignore, or it makes you quit following things that might interest you but dissuade you at the start.

No one came out painting commercial grade art, out the gate.

Your errors and your art’s flaws will be of interest to you later, when you look back on your work years later. I love my work from highschool and that’s 13 years ago. Its just a matter of perspective.

Maybe take a course on social media marketing.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for replies. It is super late but and I will go to sleep. But yeah, I would like to be respected by other artists as well. Nonetheless, the most important for me is to create art the way I do, and stay true to my art and keep on doing what I love. The reason I am up this late is because I started a new digital painting! And I got carried away and forgot what the time was. I think a pause from posting art to social media would do me good.

1 Like

Your art is amazing @nimeton!
So talented

1 Like

I remember seeing your art, and thought it was very interesting. I feel the same about my photographs too. I think it’s a natural part of being an artist to think your work sucks

Yes, true 15q515

Sounds like a good plan. Getting your art out there is hard. Everything on social media is just a feed which people just discard. I used to post other people’s art and never got any likes even though it was high quality stuff. You will get to meet new people in school, get new inspirations and probably change your style from time to time. Don’t be discouraged, even the greatest were full of self- doubt.

Good luck!!

Ai art is taking over. Don’t sweat it

I love your art. Dont give up, i know it sucks not getting recognition but try to do it for yourself

There are some interesting legal battles shaping up. A lot of the images that AIs have been trained on are copyrighted works.

1 Like

Thank you so so much for replies! I know I have not been good with networking. At all. It’s really a 0 points for me for that. But I am working on it, and I hope I will improve in this field.

I am really excited to start the art studies. I hope it will improve my technical skills but also my creative process. I might start to work on bigger paintings that take longer time to finish, versus smaller, fast ones. Be less productive. I have been really productive, but maybe I need to start working on bigger projects.

I want to thank everybody who has couraged me to keep on doing art and told me they like my art, I am very fond of every comment and they mean a lot to me. So thank you.

I am still thinking of keeping a pause from posting art on social media. I need to take some time and figure out stuff. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think your art is beautiful…

I feel art reflects our inner self a little and so does yours.

It’s always precious therefore.

There is a huge difference between being a talented artist and being a talented social media influencer. You are a talented artist. Your style is unique, defined, recognizable, and captivating.

Being successful on social media is more about posting regularly at high-traffic times, using trending tags to get the algorithms to show your posts off, disclosing just enough personal info to make yourself seem alluring without alienating any demographic, learning how to use the right balance of clickbait and genuine content, doing live sessions, making time lapse videos of you making the art with clever voiceovers, etc.

2 Likes

I finished my big painting and it came out really nice. I think I will focus on bigger paintings from now on. I will figure out stuff during my art pause from social media. I want to develop and grow as an artist.

I love the work of Vincent Van Gogh. He was pretty much self taught, and his work was very unpopular when he was alive. What I find inspiring, was that he just one day said: I am an artist. And he was an artist. Even when he wasn’t educated or gone to art schools. He just decided to be an artist. That is something I want to do as well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.