My 2nd book

I am writing my 2nd book titled “Learning to code again”. I have taken up coding again but this time as a hobby. I want it to be more narrative than technical. The title is a spin off from the metaphorical expression “learning to dance again”. I won’t be sharing chapters here like my first book and I am taking my time with research and working on coding projects. I will share interesting tidbits as I come across them here in this thread. Like this one.

15 Likes

You seem to be passionate about writing books, poems.

It’s great you have that in your life.

2 Likes

I grew up in the 80s. There was no internet and no smartphone then. It is a joy to have these things today. You really can explore your passions very easily.

4 Likes

Sorry but that’s f awesome. What an idea! Often we see coding as a bunch of boring math.

I guess your personal experience will give the book an unique perspective!

4 Likes

How many of these do you know? They are menu icons used for apps or websites.

1 Like

I’m partial to the candy box.

2 Likes

I know hamburger, kebab, candy box and fries. It’s my first time seeing all the others.

2 Likes

Toolchain vs tech/software stack

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about coding. But I hope you get great reception for your book. Good luck!

2 Likes

1 Like

A coding joke

Why did the “Hello World” program get into a fight with the coffee machine?

Because it wanted its “Java” without any “exceptions”!

3 Likes

Do you think about having dream desk setup? This is one I found on youtube.

1 Like

Speaking of second books…

[ stares at @anon4362788 ]

:eyes:

1 Like

Let me get house and work straight!

3 Likes

:grin:

3 Likes

I set A goal about a week ago to have the house caught up in about a month

I’m finding out if I keep at it I just might get caught up for once

My mom wants to hire cleaning people and pay my sister to clean the house

This makes me feel bad and I so wanna get caught up with it

3 Likes

Interesting stuff this. I was watching this youtube on the infinite hotel paradox.

At the end it was stated “the discovery of the different sized infinities sparked a line of inquiry that lead to the invention of [smartphones]”. I asked ChatGPT who could not make the link, but Bard did.

1 Like

Oh my. Now Bard is giving me a different answer. Not surprised. “Cutting edge” technology.