Music is a foreign language not everyone understands

My gp told me he wasn’t really a fan of music. That’s ok. A lot of people are.

1 Like

Sounds like my brother. He has no interest in music

3 Likes

Friend of mine “doesn’t really” listen to music. Also “doesn’t really” read. And yet she’s not an idiot. Tell me how that works.

3 Likes

When I was studying in college I would find myself reaching the bottom of a page and not knowing what I had just read. Is that what they call burnout?

1 Like

Very well could be. I find when I’m reading, I’ll read something, then reread it again slowly for comprehension. But yeah, if I read too much I find that I’m not absorbing what I’m reading, then it’s time to hang it up for a while. Not sure if that answers your question.

1 Like

Yea I can finally relate. It takes a certain mood to. Actually want to listen to music.

1 Like

Yes, you explained it well.

1 Like

Although I practice piano almost daily, in my older age, I find myself no longer a giant fan of music like I used to be in my younger years.

I listen to music most time of the day. It’s not all about the lyrics.

When I was studying there was a book I read that said we learn best when we read for a short span of time then break. Like read for 20 minutes, then 5 minute break and the read again for 20 minutes.

I think there is something to it. I find I lose my ability to absorb material if I read for long in one go.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.