Most influential musician/band over the last 60 years

@rogueone my ex had to teach me about the velvet underground. I love the nico album but still haven’t listened broadly to their other albums.

What are some of your favorite artists?

1 Like

@everhopeful my whole musical life has been one long series of boyfriends teaching me about music. I had a lovely bf who gave me a bunch of Kraftwerk cdrs. I loved him so much. I still remember how he danced to Trans Europe Express.

What are some of your favorite artists?

1 Like

Elvis~ ‘As a Young Child I Wanted to Be Him So Badly I Combed My Hair Like Him’

Tupac~ ‘When I Was Around 15-ish Years Olde He Introduced Me to African American Culture’.

The Beatles~ ‘I Bought The Yellow Submarine Movie As a Kid, And Experimented With Acid’.

Bob Dylan~ ‘After I Got Hit With Schizophrenia, I Reset Throughout One Summer Studying His Album, ‘The Freewheelin Bob Dylan’. I Began to Come Up With Songs While My Pup Lacy Would Rest By My Side’.

Elton John~ ‘I Have Yet to Study What He Has Brought to The Table’.

Led Zeppelin~ 'As a Kid, I Would Sit On My Amp With One of Their First Albums Playing Throughout The Summer. As My Family Would Be Outside With The Swimming Pool. Fell in Love With ‘Going to California’. IMHO One of The Best Song’s Ever Written.

David Bowie~ ‘Space Oddity’ is The Reason I Love Music The Way I Do. There is a Music Video Where He Works With Trent Reznor From Nine Inch Nails~ ‘I’m Afraid of Americans’. It’s Amazing.

Rolling Stones~ ‘My Future Wife’s Band. It Will Be a Bond From My Heart to Hers’.

Michael Jackson~ ‘You Are Not Alone’, Is a Song i Dedicated to a Pup That Was Adopted At One of The Houses I Stayed at in The Same Home Project I Am Currently in. Sadly I Am in a Different Home. And The Pup i Got to Watch Grow For a Year is Now Gone :frowning: '.

(OTHER)

Radiohead~ ‘In 1997 as a Young Person, I Decided to Step into The World of Music And Stay For as Long as I Felt The Need to. Haven’t Left Yet’.

1 Like

I just realized that there are no women on my list. I don’t even know how to begin mansplaining that.

Which musician do you think has had the most influence (effected music/society/culture) over the last 60 years?

• Carole King
  • Patti Smith
  • Aretha Franklin
  • Bjork
  • Carly Simon
  • Janis Joplin
  • Madonna
  • Beyonce
  • Whitney Houston
  • Other

0 voters

Early 80s stuff !

Duran Duran
Depeche mode
A-Ha
Roxy Music

Etc.

But I was heavily into Linkin Park for a while.

1 Like

BJORK

BJORK

BJORK

BJORK

(Which Reminds Me of Sigur Ros For Some Reason).

ALL.

IS.

FULL.

OF.

LOVE.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bjork has really pushed what music can do — she’s extremely inventive and original. Good vote. I’d maybe put Nina Simone on that list?

1 Like

Pink Floyd made the most sold album of the 20th century. The dark side of the moon. And U2 was big.
But i think elvis Presley is unbeatable. He changed the music industry to a new level.

Good Choice (!!!).

One Day I Accidentally Discovered a Live Clip of Her Performing at a Festival.

It Was Magical (!!!)… . … :100:

1 Like

Yeah. Nina Simone was very influential.

The poll is limited to 10 choices (I think).

Animals Was The Album I’d Listen to (As a Young Person), Listen to, Every Morning Before My Family Would Wake Up on Weekends.

I Made a Mixtape And Animals Would Always Be What I Always Would End Up Listening to.

Never Failed… . … :100:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.