Mental illness in music

So one of my “special interests” is mental illness in music, here’s a few of my favorites feel free to add your own:

2 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

The original fleet wood Mac with Peter green were great. He developed schizophrenia and I believe the last song he wrote was green manalishi which is one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. He also wrote black magic woman which became a famous Santana song.

4 Likes

I have a long lovely history with music but cannot think of any mental illness songs. The closest I can think of is a drug trip song. I mean there’s a Twenty One Pilots song with the word schizophrenic in it but he’s just saying he feels schizophrenic without actually knowing what schizophrenia is, so it’s not really valid.

Is Eminem’s “Monster” a valid mental illness song? I mean I don’t think he’s been diagnosed with anything.

2 Likes

Apart from the cover and title, its a very charming blues, shoegaze album

4 Likes

This an oldie, i can’t help laughing when i hear the lyrics, it’s so bleak. He is one of those musicians who play all the instruments at the same time

3 Likes

#jimi

2 Likes

Dabadedabeda

1 Like

If you’re going to San Francisco

1 Like

Robert Fripp’s lead guitar sounds like psychosis in music form.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.