Love, rock 'n' roll, and the 'S' word

Jeremy Oxley fronted the Australia 80s cult rock ‘n’ roll band Sunnyboys until his erratic behaviour led to its demise. After years of battling with schizophrenia he met his love, Mary Griffiths, who saved him from a life of destruction. Jeremy and Mary give their own intimate account of their second chance together—showing the power of love, and one to one support to stabilise the lives of people with schizophrenia.

3 Likes

That’s cool. I tend to think all these famous rock and roll stars with schizophrenia took LSD, but I can’t find anything on substance abuse for him besides alcohol…which isn’t known to ACUTELY cause psychosis like psychedelics and other drugs do. Glad he’s doing alright he looks like a cool guy in the pictures. I’ll be sure to give his music a listen.

Meeting anyone seems like an impossible task for me. I think I’m lacking that over-protective ambition you can find in coupled men. In short, I don’t think I can protect a girlfriend like she would expect. Financially and physically. Maybe if I met the right woman my life would be turned upside down and I would be given a second chance, but I think it will be a while before I find someone to settle down with. :crying_cat_face: