Losing my mind

The obsession and compulsion to get high is so strong. Nothing will ever help me. Am I just weak willed?? For the record I’m not gonna. But I’m losing my mind. Doing everything I should be. Maybe I should try praying.

8 Likes

Me too man, I feel dead without smoking weed. It’s been about 6 weeks and I am not happy but still a little proud. Hang in there everything gets better over time!

4 Likes

To think my medications naltrexone +Zoloft has decreased cravings 100x and I still feel awful. Yeah I know there’s no cure. But since it was 100x worse and it’s still this hard…I don’t even know.

3 Likes

I would like to comment that I have some lesser struggles with compulsions. They have me feeling “weak willed” as well. I personally do not know what to recommend.

u can do it buddy!

1 Like

You attending a 12 Step group? That may help. (Apologies if you are and I have forgotten.)

i used to be a real laid back marijuana user. had no problems with it. haha, except one thing.

my wallet. I got tired of buying something that I used up in a week or less (something like that).

there’s other reasons too but the cost really turned me off from it. I had plenty of good bud out in Oregon. i know what the best stuff is like, so i got bored with it.

Did they give you numbers in meetings? Call someone or reach out to your housemates. AA is all about support.

The cravings will pass whether you use or not.

I just got back from the super market, and there’s a young couple on the back porch smoking a pipe. I didn’t want to rain on their parade, so I said, “Smells like skunk.” They laughed, and invited me to smoke with them. That was not the response I wanted!

In circumstances like that, I have to say, “Not now, maybe later.”

Jayster

1 Like

I psyc myself out so i dont smoke… Like imagine everything bad that has and could happen if u smoke… The paranoia, the “bad” trips, how it makes u vulnerable and dependent, the cost, imcrease in symptoms, how it hurts every one around u and whatever else suxs about smoking… Than when u get a craving make all those things zillion times worse with ur imagination… Thats how i get myself not to smoke… BUT… That only worked for me when i decided to quit

I think that a life without getting high is a totally new journey compared to a life of constant chemical releases to make myself feel altered. It’s a much more realistic journey in my opinion. Life unfiltered.

Your lacking trust man… You’re selling out to a decline. It bring you no lower than it ever has at this point.

You will rise again. Know it… subtract yourself and be patient. Watch the tides and cling to the islands… You’ll find ground.

If you are nothing in the face of sobriety… than you are nothing at all. Reflect on your needs and desires… learn to differentiate. Know that no one is entitled to what they desire. Good things come in time. If you aim high you’ll never feel lucky.

I determined a while ago… it’s what people like most… being lucky. It’s the next best thing to a godly caterer.

That’s exactly how I felt about booze. I couldn’t do it on my own and had to go to AA. Luckily they helped.

When I first went to AA I thought booze was worth dying for.

See if you can attend NA regularly (if possible). Especially if the addiction is fighting back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.