¿Levodopa or Wellbutrin for negative symptoms?

Does anyone take or have taken any of these two drugs? Which one would you recommend? Is it true that they help to tolerate the antipsychotic more?

I’ve tried Wellbutrin and I didn’t like it.

I felt hyper all the time.

For me, caffeine helps with negative symptoms.

But your best bet is to talk to your pdoc and see what they can advise for negative symptoms.

1 Like

Those 2 meds will amp you and energize you.

1 Like

But how long does the caffeine effect last for you? It also gives me more energy but afterwards I feel irritated.

1 Like

That’s why I want the doctor to give me one of the two. I already talked to him about wellbutrin and he told me that it is a possibility but that he wants to see me in the consultation.

Well, caffeine has a half life over 5 hours, so it stays a while in your system.

But the effect probably goes away within 2 hours I’d say.

I take about 2 - 3 caffeine pills a day, and I don’t feel tired until late in the evening.

1 Like

That’s common sense Niavana I just hope that you like getting that active.
I’ve good the opposite problem so I don’t take activating meds but instead very calming Major Tranquilizers.

1 Like

Maybe caffeine pills have a longer half-life than liquid caffeine?

1 Like

Levodopa will most likely make you psychotic. It is basically a heavy dopamine raiser.

I have tried it through mucuna pruirens. It was not good for me. @Aziz also says it makes him psychotic.

You are better off trying a mild dopamine raiser like curcumin or bacopa.

1 Like

Yes that’s my problem. The medicine makes me too depressed.
I hope you can find a solution!

Curcumin and bacopa are natural?

1 Like

Yes, curcumin is a extract of turmeric. And bacopa monieri is also a herb.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I will keep them in mind.

1 Like

I’ve been on Wellbutrin for a good while. At first it made me a little scared, like the scare you get when you see a movie like “The Exorcist”, but I quickly got used to it, and the fear went away. It’s really hard for me to know how a medication is affecting me because I take so many medications. I’m certain that if I got off the Wellbutrin I would be fearful for a while again.

1 Like

When you took it, didn’t you feel more energy? Didn’t you notice anything positive?

I got a general improvement of my mood. It made my life easier.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m looking for

1 Like

Good point. I didn’t check that.

Caffeine pills are normally stronger than a large cup of coffee.

The pills are 200mg a piece and a cup of coffee is roughly 150mg.

1 Like