Lateral thinking

Lateral thinking is a manner of solving problems using an indirect and creative approach via reasoning that is not immediately obvious. It involves ideas that may not be obtainable using only traditional step-by-step logic. That seems like an error in definition to me.

To be an expert in a particular field, one must acquire a hierarchical structure of knowledge in that specific field. Lateral thinking on the other hand, extends the mind across everything, but at a base level. At least that is how I see it.

I believe that lateral thingking can include step by step logic.

So I am a high school dropout, but many years after dropping out of school I did analyze “MOTION” to determine what it is and what it is that is required to make motion possible.

The outcome of this analysis was me independently discovering the phenomena that is described via Einstein’s theory of Special Relativity(SR). I also independently derived the SR mathematical equations, along with independently deriving the Lorentz transformation equations.

Due to this form of lateral thinking, they way in which I derived the equations has yet to be shared by others.

But who gives a hoot these days.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.