L-theanine update

So after using l-theanine supplements for a month straight I can officially say that I don’t really see any benefit from it lessening my symptoms as I’m still dealing with them and my tactile hallucinations have even gotten worse. I believe that what I experienced the first day I took them was just a placebo effect/ or the hallucinations were trying to mess with me to think that they worked

Looks like I’m going to have to wait until I get my AP meds next month to have something that’s actually prescribed to relieve things like this

4 Likes

Meds will help most likely. Good luck

1 Like

Yes I’m not a great believer with supplements but I take omega 3, vitamin b complex, vitamin d3 don’t know if they do much. Good luck with your medication hope you get the right drug

2 Likes

I have had similar experience with supplements. They work the very first days, then nothing. I don’t think it’s placebo though. I have a theory that the AP messes up the neurotransmitters with heavy blocking, and so they are easily depleted and I get a abnormal response when trying nootropics.

Trying to find something that possibly can help normalize neurotransmitter function is what I’m trying now. Think I might have found some relief in Inositol, been on it for a couple of weeks. Too early to conclude. Will be interesting to see how it holds up in time.

1 Like