L-Methyl Folate?

BTW @Gnash , CDP-Choline is helping with nice dreams or what they call it vivid dreams. I missed it two days and my dreams were random and unclear(stuff from the past) , when reintroduce it I had a very nice dreams like if I was watching a movie! I think that’s why people like to take Galantamine that would work in the same way as Choline. Interesting dreams :smiley:
My brother also when he starts taking it, saw a nice dream after he was seeing nightmares for years!

Where can I get a test that can show these mutations leading to NMDA and other dysfunction?

From 23andme website, you can order the kit, and return your sample to their lab, in a few weeks they will send you the results. Then you can download your raw data and interpret them on any available site online. I think there are many, but I prefer Nutrahacker. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more details. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi @Gnash
I tried to look up antioxidants that supply DMB but couldn’t find any. Are you aware of them?
I also wonder what did you mean by this BFK, LCH, SNK, and DIN?
Your recommendations are really valuable. Would you please share with us more of your good supplements that you really like and see good results from?

1 Like

No problem @Marya, if it’s for the people, how can I refuse.

As for DMB: red wine polyphenols, grape seed extract, and some olive oils contain it. That’s 3 items, but there are at least 5 known substances. Unfortunately, I simply don’t remember them. However, all of them seemed related to the ‘Mediterranean Diet.’

As for the acronyms, sounds silly, I know, but stand for breakfasts, lunch, snack, dinner. Times of day separated by 4 hours.

And lastly supplements. I failed to mention I take 20mg of melatonin before bed. I get much more restful sleep with it. I know 20mg’s is a large drink se but it works for me. If I feel sedated upon waking, that’s my signal that I’ve taken to much.

Also, I started taking vitamin c with bioflavinoids. In this case, it’s c with rose hipp. The bioflavinoids help the body retain the vitamin c as well as improve small capillary circulation. My face feels flush. I thought it was an allergic reaction…

Bioflavinoids should also recycle vitamin C. That function pairs nicely with grape seed extract, which cycles vitamin E. I’m thinking I may be able to either take less or completely eleminate my need for ALA.

Unfortunately, I got biotin and thamin deficiency from taking ALA with food. I believe ALA should be taken 1 to 2 hours before a meal.

The other thing is systematically lowering chronic infections. I look at Dr. Amy Myers work and I think I have an h pylori infection. Schizophrenia seems connected to the neutrophil immune system. So neutralizing infections like viral (epstein bar, cold sores), parasites (candida, worms), and bacterial (i.e. sibo, heliobacter pylori). There are also dental infections.

30 days of black seed oil 500mg 2xday, oregano oil 4xday for 10 days, and some black wall nut should get many of those infections. Ultimately lowering oxidative stress. There is also zinc carnosine and pepto bismol.

After all that the general pattern would look something like nootropics.

Cdp choline + noopept, the generalized structure being stimulant and cholinergic. I’m trying to retrofit that to our condition.

Stimulant becomes: vasodilator and capillaries, also oxidative stressbinflamation reducers.

Cholinergic’s are still cholinergics but to me Acetyl L Carnitine look like the best option since it cleans the dendrites of lipofuscin, amyloid beta and tau proteins.

Ok done.

2 Likes

Thanks Gansh for this. You actually take a lot of melatonin! Have you tried Taurine? I’m taking it for almost 2 months now and it is good. It also help with GAD enzyme which converts glutamate to gaba. There is a research outlined that it increase BDNF. So you benefits in different ways.

ALA and deficiency is really bad! :disappointed_relieved: Do you think it is same with NAC?

I agree with you regarding infections and its connection with Schizophrenia. I drink veggies juice which should help with viral/bacterial infection. Ingredients are; Cucumber, ginger, parsley, coriander, lime or lemon and sometime garlic.

Be careful of noopept, see this response from a friend who research a lot on this and has tried many of them;

The only nootropic that was studied well and shown to actually reduce seizures is Piracetam. I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation. The more stronger ones such as Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Phenylpiracetam, Nefiracetam, Fasoracetam, Noopept, Modafinil may cause seizures or activate dopamine receptors. Besides Piracetam, Bacopa is a safe one and shown to reduce seizures.

1 Like

Lol I know, the funny thing is, that I can fall asleep fine without melatonin. I like it for its antioxidant properties and it decalcifies the pineal gland and basal ganglia structures.

As for taurine, I’ve tried it, but it didn’t work for me. Actually I think it does the exact opposite of sarcosine. I’m on sarcosine until the end of January so any other supplement is secondary.

The point you made about the GAD enzyme is very interesting. If you can find that paper in less than 5 minutes I think we would all be appreciative.

I think a lot of supplements in areas BDNF. The thing is not many articles talk about comparative numbers. For instance , I’ve read milk thistle can host glutathione but so can NAC. Which one boost it more? No article I’ve read has stated that important comparison.

I’ve done some googling, and the only thing I’ve seen is something with hypertension because NAC can interfere with the brain’s oxygen perception.

The veggie juice does sound like a good idea, I’m always wary of taking anti-oxidants as isolated supplements because they tend to increase the incidence of cancer. I was hoping taking them in the form of bioflavonoids would decrease the cancer risk.

Did you notice a change in symptoms from the veggie juice? Do you use a blender or a true juicer?

And I’ll probably hold off on all racetam. I think I’ll replace the stimulant aspect with a vasodilator like vincopetine.

For some reason bacopa makes me sleepy. I have the bacognize from Swanson. I might give it another try. I’m researching gotu kola.

There is also the cytokine theory of schizophrenia. So green tea EGCg and vitex from hawthorn berry.

Hi Gnash, I can’t post links since I’m a new user.
Here is some papers, you will find them on Pubmed
Effect of taurine on the concentrations of glutamate, GABA, glutamine and alanine in the rat striatum and hippocampus
Antidepressant dose of taurine increases mRNA expression of GABAA receptor α2 subunit and BDNF in the hippocampus of diabetic rats.

And there are some out there. I have also some sources from a well reasrched pages like bebrainfit and slefhacked but I can’t post them unfortunately.

I have read that taurine activate NMDA receptors as well but can’t remember the source. So it wouldn’t does the exact opposite of sarcosine, but you probably found it that way because it is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. It has definitely anti-seizure activity, and I have given to my mother for this issue, 3 months ago and she is fine since then.

Regarding BDNF, I came across an interesting page, it is called Balancing Brain Chemistry with Peter Smith. There is an interesting research on BDNF and how to boost it. And the other one that I really liked Selfhacked research.
I’m reading these days on Grastrodin and how it boost BDNF, have a look at this
Gastrodin promotes the secretion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the injured spinal cord
It will be next in my list!

Does NAC cause hypertension? That would be good for me indeed as I’m always suffering from hypotension!

Do antioxidants increase the incidence of cancer? Probably vitamin C would prevent that if you add on top of the other antioxidants?
I use juicer because it will be quite heavy. And I’m not sure about the change of symptoms since I’m taking some good supplements, but I do take it to support liver and kidney since it may be linked to this illness.

If you ever think to give racetam a try I would encourage you to try Piracetam. I have started to think about it but I would see Sarcosine results at first.
I tried Vinpoctine myself, on 5mg didn’t do anything and on 10mg gave me irritability and excessive talk lol
I’ve heard that the only Bacopa that would work is the one from doctor’s best, but haven’t tried it yet. I tried the one from Himalaya and didn’t notice anything except relaxation.

I came to the conclusion that negative symptoms can be treated through targeting one of these:

• NMDA receptors (Sarcosine)

• Choline receptors (CDP-Choline and Galantamine)

• Methylation or BDNF (There are a few supplements for that)

2 Likes

Gnash and Marya. Two of my heroes. You are doing the wrestle thing with sz. Maybe if we keep it up we will kick this nasty stuff in the *ss. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wrote it down. Thanks.

My post deleted the second time. I am outa here. This site wants to keep people in the dark or something. Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t affect me. I have fixed my issues. Goodbye yall.

1 Like