It's Saturday today

feels like a Monday, because of new years day yesterday…:slight_smile:

True. I always think that :smile:

felt like a sunday yesterday

My classes start monday… I’m glad it’s saturday still, time passes so quickly!

i think the body clock is to blame

The body’s “biological clock,” or 24-hour cycle (circadian rhythm), can be affected by light or darkness, which can make the body think it is time to sleep or wake up. The 24-hour body clock controls functions such as: Sleeping and waking. Body temperature.

1 Like

A variation of an eskinogram illustrating the influence of light and darkness on circadian rhythms and related physiology and behaviour through the suprachiasmatic nucleus in humans.

Due to the work nature of airline pilots, who often cross several timezones and regions of sunlight and darkness in one day, and spend many hours awake both day and night, they are often unable to maintain sleep patterns that correspond to the natural human circadian rhythm; this situation can easily lead to fatigue. The NTSB cites this as contributing to many accidents[unreliable medical source?] [59] and has conducted several research studies in order to find methods of combating fatigue in pilots.[60][61]

Disruption to rhythms usually has a negative effect. Many travellers have experienced the condition known as jet lag, with its associated symptoms of fatigue, disorientation, and insomnia.[medical citation needed]

A number of other disorders, for example bipolar disorder and some sleep disorders such as delayed sleep phase disorder (DSPD), are associated with irregular or pathological functioning of circadian rhythms.[medical citation needed]

Disruption to rhythms in the longer term is believed to have significant adverse health consequences on peripheral organs outside the brain, in particular in the development or exacerbation of cardiovascular disease.[54][62] LED lighting suppresses melatonin production five times more than a high-pressure sodium light.[medical citation needed] Depression symptoms from long term nighttime light exposure can be undone by returning to a normal cycle.[medical citation needed]

I lost the sense of time.

I’m assuming that will mean you won’t be on here as much? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1 Like

Yeah :cry: breaks over

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.