It's a new one for me

I was lying down resting my back and my husband came in and starting talking to me about everything that needed to be done around the house, in detail. It was odd. I just listened as he went on. I thought why is he telling me all this, he’s the one that does the housework usually. So I turned over to ask him why he was telling me and he wasn’t there. Freaked me the f**k out. Gave me chills so bad. I know the house needs cleaned but now I’m hallucinating about it. Jeeze! Have you ever hallucinated your spouse talking to you like that? It’s a new one for me.

2 Likes

That’s super scary,

Sorry it happened.

I’ve hallucinated his voice, but not his actual person.

But I’ve hallucinated lots of other people,

So there’s that.

2 Likes

I’ve hallucinated my parents talking to me in my sleep, usually wakes me up, but it’s only like a few words usually.

Must have been freaky to hear a long-winded hallucination!

2 Likes

So now how do I know if it’s really him or not? This isn’t good is it?

2 Likes

I guess youll just have to look like you did this time ?

You could also ask him if he said something to you.

I think us(with MI) , are not good at large changes in life, like moving.

Once you get settled in and have been there a couple of weeks, I bet the hallucinations will recede.

Ot seems to be common here to have them start/re-start/ increase during moving till a couple of three weeks after.

I’m not moving but my daughter is expecting my first grandchild any day now. I do feel anxious about that.

2 Likes

Maybe you were asleep or close to being asleep and you had a freaky dream. That was the first thing that came to my mind.

1 Like

I hallucinate my mums voice regularly, I also hear her talking to me, calling for me or shouting. I think it’s not unusual for us but it’s scary when it happens, sorry it happened to you

2 Likes

I used to hallucinate phone calls from him. That’s part of the reason I don’t use phones anymore.

2 Likes

I have had this happen in the shower, except my partner will be there, but some elaborate scene will have played out and I’ll get out of the shower and try to figure out if it really happened. It’s so bizarre, you know? It’s scary when you realize you can have such detailed, vivid, and REAL hallucinations. It’s been scary for me actually having anything other than my usual audio hallucinations.

1 Like

maybe I was asleep and didn’t realize it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.