Is there anyone else who can't take ssris

On reflection, I think it was incorrect to blame the buspar for my tactile hallucinations. I know more about my TBI now, and it seems more likely that being hit in a spot where my tactile sensation gets processed caused the tactile hallucinations. I was just having difficulty processing my own physical sensations after my injury.

1 Like

The gabapentin does help me with those. Not with the compulsions, but with the rumination/intrusive thoughts/harm OCD

1 Like

That’s mine rumination and intrusive thoughts over and over. I just about could pull my hair out.

1 Like

The gabapentin has been a huge relief for me there. I started taking it because I was unable to hold my own niece without constant, extremely detailed thoughts about what would happen if I accidentally dropped her. I have been on and off gabapentin for over a decade at various times. Right now, I take it mainly for nerve pain, but it also does presumably help the intrusive thoughts. I say presumably, because I haven’t had any in over a year, and a lot of other factors have changed in my life since then.

1 Like

Do you think it’s okay to mention the drug to my pdoc?

Probably. I don’t know how it is over in your country, but in the states doctors are big fans of gabapentin. It has a low side effect profile, low risk of abuse, is difficult to OD on, and helps a wide variety of neurological symptoms.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t ever want to take an SSRI again. Zoloft didn’t really do anything, Prozac was fine for a while but it may have given me increased anxiety and really bad insomnia. The doctor didn’t listen to my concerns and upped the dosage anyway, making the side effects worse, so I had delusions that she was poisoning me and stopped the medication on my own.
I also tried a couple SSNRIs. Cymbalta I didn’t like, can’t remember why but it didn’t really work and I thought it was making me sensitive to sound. Pristiq was really bad, I started thinking about death all the time, thinking I was dead, and could barely sleep. That’s what made me start hating the idea of taking psychiatric meds.

1 Like

Welcome.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@Moonbeam, @Ninjastar, @Bowens and @voithos

If you have not discovered our official forum rules and read them yet, you can find them here.

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like