Is pot legal or illegal where you live?

Very illegal and I wish it wasn’t, even though I would be cautious about using it.

1 Like

I’m Canadian so I don’t know the intricacies of US law but I was told federal law trumps state law. So even if the states legalize it, but federally its still illegal, then doesn’t that mean it still illegal?

It’s legal nationwide in Canada for both medicinal and recreational purposes.

1 Like

Yes, federal law trumps state laws if it wants to enforce. Because of this, marijuana is still classified as an illegal drug in the US causing headaches for legalized states and cannabis businesses in regards to taxes, banking, loans, regulations, money laundering, cannabis research and studies, travel restrictions, etc. It’s way more complicated than I can explain.

1 Like

The pot is illegal here in bulgaria lol…
I’ve smoked a lot in the past, mainly in loneliness and isolation and one pdoc said, that they should forbid the weed for us szs lol…

3 Likes

Legal. There are weed shops everywhere now.

2 Likes

I think weed is bad for me. I have gone full psychotic. I don’t know if its a SZ thing.

Yep. Legal in canada. Weed is easier to get now than a lot of things. Even food. The supermarket is 20mins walk away and theres 2 weed stores within 10mins

2 Likes

Canada does it right.
It’s a mess here in the US.

4 Likes

Its illegal here in Kansas but we have alot of delta 8 and delta 10 thc being sold in vape shops and what not I tried a delta 8 gummy and I was high as a kite I did not like it

3 Likes

Yes it’s now legal here in NJ

1 Like

It’s legal for medical use, but not for recreational use, but that’s a joke, because virtually anyone can go to a clinic claiming they have a bad back and get authorized to buy medical marijuana. This development has wider implications where I live, because they have been growing a LOT of marijuana back in the Oklahoma hills for decades. I recall reading in the newspapers in the late seventies that marijuana was second only to wheat as a cash crop in Oklahoma. They’ve been working with their marijuana crops, and they’ve found strains that work well in this environment. It is quality weed. But now that marijuana is being legalized other people will start growing it in even better conditions, so the growers back in these hills might not be able to compete.

1 Like

Legal in Alaska, medical and recreational, just have to be over 21. I tried a 5mg THC edible and it gave me a rather uncomfortable high, where I had to keep telling myself to be calm, be calm until it resolved. Never touch it again!!

1 Like

My guess is that the alcohol industry didn’t want to compete with weed. Just a theory.

1 Like

I view alcohol as being more dangerous than weed. I just don’t like the high of weed. Alcohol incapacitates so badly. It ruins judgement. Weed doesn’t do that as much.

1 Like

Illegal in Greece.
Maybe it will get legal in the future

2 Likes

I wanted to ask, is the 17th of january some sort of Greek weed day?
Because no matter where I went, it reeked of weed.
Monastiraki, Syntagma, Syggrou, etc

2 Likes

Australia, illegal almost everywhere, apart from the capital, Canberra.

I’d probably never touch it but… Would love to see it legal everywhere here, seems a lot safer then alcohol and other drugs.

1 Like

Haha no, it’s not a special day.
I have walked in Athens, and
I rarely smell weed.

1 Like

Medical cannabis is legal, but recreational cannabis is illegal.

Federal law does not always trump state law. It’s legal for a state to provide more “protections” (quotes because the definition of protections is contentious), but not less protections than federal law allows.

For example, the federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. However, it’s legal for a state to pay more than the federal minimum wage, but illegal to pay less than the federal minimum wage.

Cannabis, in any form, is illegal in federal law, but it’s legal for a state to allow its citizens to use cannabis because it’s providing more protections than federal law allows.

Law is complicated. The legality of cannabis lends itself to the 10th Amendment, the Supremacy Clause, States’ rights, among many other laws.

@anon16583342 are you sure.

I think if the feds wanted to prosecute an individual or entity, they can.

Congress needs to legalize cannabis on a federal level. They are not for some unknown reason.

But the classification of cannabis being illegal causes major problems for the cannabis industry in general.