Is Haldol good?

Is Haldol a good prn?

I have some and I am wanting to ask my dr if I can take it again prn. I’m not feeling good in my head.

I have 2 mg and 5 mg tabs.

1 Like

I remember this one guy from the psych ward was on haldol.

Every time he would start hearing voices, he would start panicking.

The nurse would give him 5mg of haldol and he would retreat back to his room and sleep it off. Then he would wake up a few hours later and go on as if nothing happened.

This would happen at least 2 - 3 times a day.

This went on the entire time I was there.

2 Likes

When I was on 40 mg Haldol a day I felt like ■■■■. It made me feel so bad. When I was on the monthly decoate shot the world was still very grey. I still lost all my creativity. I’ve talked to several guys who hated Haldol.

2 Likes

I feel like catastrophic trash

I tried Haldol. I hated it. Only good because it’s cheap, works for some, and doesn’t cause a lot of weight gain. I heard there was a shortage years back. I prefer the newer gen meds like Vraylar and Abilify even.

2 Likes

It was effective for me but it felt like a sledgehammer to mine head when when I got an injection.

3 Likes

This may be unpopular but I love Haldol
It always has made me feel “normal”

If Risperdal ever stops working for me, I’ll be asking for Haldol

5 Likes

Yeah haldol gave me my life back I was having a lot of problems with both hypomania and severe depression now it’s not even close to bad I am very happy with the 100mg injection

4 Likes

i say yes. haldol works very fast. thats why they forever give it as shots in hospitals. it works fast for me.

1 Like

They use large doses of Haldol to torture mental patients in Russia.

1 Like

large doses of clozapine would be torture as well. or anything really. i used to take 60mg haldol a day. that is equal to 2250 mg of seroquel. not only would that be torture that much seroquel would prob kill. but i was fine of 5-10mg haldol a day.

1 Like

I think I’ll leave a comment here about Haldol. I’m on the Haldol-like neuroleptics Clopixol 500 mg Clopixol Depot 500 mg every 3. Week(=750 mg Qutiapine by mouth each day). I’d say that it kills psychosis like no other agent. But (Haldol/Clopixol) does’nt go by itself. You need a goot atypical antipsychotics to improve your Quiality of life and this I found in Qutiapine 750 mgs by mouth.

Haldol was rough on me, made me suicidal :pensive:

1 Like

That’s what it did to me. Haldol made me too miserable to be psychotic.

2 Likes