Is getting into a trade job a good idea?

I’m currently working a dead end job and want to find a career job without going back to college.

3 Likes

I think a trade job’s a good idea, theyre relatively well paid and more interesting than minimum wage work, which is what ive done in the past. Better than flippin burgers for a living thats for sure.

5 Likes

You could give apprenticing a try, and see how it goes. Plumbing is big money, I hear.

3 Likes

I would do a trade

3 Likes

What kind of trade were you thinking of?

2 Likes

Everyone I know who has gone to trade school has been happy with their decision. There is still an element of schooling involved, but it is cheaper, shorter, and more practical.

2 Likes

Trades are hard work, if your prone to hallucinations from stres? Unlesss your to do HVAC or that

2 Likes

Plumber or electrician

1 Like

There is an extreme lack of skilled construction workers and contractors as well right now. Too many Boomers retired at once and we are having a housing shortage at the same time.

1 Like

Most people I know in trade jobs are old men and they approaching retirement ages, once they are gone their knowledge is gone too.

yeah, learn to frame houses by asking a crew out there on the job how to get a job framing houses but you don’t know anything…I bet they will help you.

1 Like

Find something you like doing. Trades have money but cost of living can eliminate that. I just quit trades job to live in a cheap place on disability because I felt like a slave.

1 Like

I need a job that pay the bills, the things I enjoy don’t pay the bills, plus I wouldn’t qualify for disability pay.

1 Like

If you can move somewhere cheap and live on a part-time retail or general labour salary thars better than working fulltime and living somewhere expensive

I’m not trying to be rude but I at least want to attempt to work a fulltime career job that pays me an enough to raise a family.

Oh I was assuming something else. If you want to work hard go into trades. Consider cost of living though. I turned tail and ran. I was making 70k for the last 5 years.

1 Like

that pretty good

1 Like

Ya but remember cost of living. That is peanuts where I was living. I was working hard with ahole bosses

1 Like

I recently moved from Miami to Charlotte the cost of living has went down for me.

1 Like

I was in charlott nc last year for work

1 Like