Is anyone good with computers?

Im having issues
Low end games like minecraft,roblox,batllebit etc shutsdown my pc. When I play MW3 or battlefield it rarely does. Now here’s the thing, my pc is a prebuilt, everything was settled and not shutting until the aio overheated so i decided to replace the aio from 120m to 240 mm. Then its having the issue.I did many benchmarks and went to a pc shop and no faulty hardware. So what’s the diffrence with big applications than small?

2 Likes

Did you update Windows? Recently there was news Windows updates breaking software.

Reset drivers/chipset?

1 Like

how much RAM do you have? minecraft and roblox are notorious RAM eaters

2 Likes

You’re all speaking Greek to me…no, I know nothing about computers except how to turn them on

1 Like

Minecraft is a terrible game in terms of how it runs. I have a fairly good system and I still install mods to make it run smoother or I lose too many frames. I don’t use shaders at all because it is too much.

I feel like your computer is overheating when you say it shutsdown by itself. Possibly the CPU? Especially if more graphically intensive games don’t do it as much. I would stress test the CPU somehow and if it crashes you know what to replace.

Here are my specs
CPU: intel core i9-11900kf
MOBO: MSI Z590 PRO WIFI CEC
RAM: 32gb DDR4 - 3200
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 3070
SSD: 1TB WD Blue
PSU: 800w Apevia Prestige 80+ Gold ATX Supply

Im using windows 10.i have updated my drivers.i dont think its psu problem. I think my issue is this video related. https://youtu.be/1EYLzD2GytA?si=9AGDjJzDFm67uLWQ

not exactly .i m in network education right now.

What is aio? 151515

Idk how likely this could be but I will post this. some games made my pc restart / shut down. bethesda games, matter, and mount & blade. I updated the BIOS. mine was from 2017 and I updated to 2020. after that all those games did not restart or shut down the computer anymore. maybe this is relevant?

Just looked it up. Did you apply thermal paste when changing it

2 Likes

I havent looked at it. Ill check by tommorow.

1 Like

In the meantime you could install some sensor software as it really sounds like your rig is overheating.

I use core temp and gpu-z but there are loads of different ones

Yea i dont see any over heat issues in display

1 Like

That is good. Is a weird bug. Maybe play Minecraft but keep task manager open and monitor how much ram is being used. Could be ram leak which is using all your memory?

Is anyone good with computers?

Considering the billions of people that are in the world, I’m sure someone is.

2 Likes

Someone recommend thermal paste. So i just reapplied. Ill be testing it

1 Like

Does it freeze? Or is it a sudden reboot? Or does the whole computer shut down completely?

In the very broadest generalisations freezes can be caused by an undervolted cpu. Sudden reboots can be a memory problem.
A computer totally shutting down to me sounds like either a thermal issue or maybe even a bad psu

1 Like

Have checked your power connections to the motherboard are clipped in and secure? That happened to me one time

If it’s an AIO the pump is probably stuffed and it’s a heating issue. Some AIO’s have a colour change to the logo and will change to red if it’s overheating. I’ve blown a pump before and if you’ve warranty it’s usually a pain but quick fix.

You can just get a dodgy unit. Mine was probably only a month or so old…It can happen!

1 Like