Intelligence and work or studies

okay. I am very active today… many topics from me :smiley:

now, that I am at university (first weeks) I started noticing I am not as intelligent as others.

Some people has this very broad terminology, are creative, fast and their presentations looks waaay better and are way more detailed.
Well, I hope you know what I mean.

I know my intelligence is average. I just thought I will have 0 problems at university, but… now I see that I do have them.

now I have this existencial crysis and I think - what will I do if I won’t graduate. Will I find a normal job. :confused:

maybe I am in a hurry. Maybe everything will be alright… just sharing thoughts.

1 Like

When I started taking online classes at community college I was intimidated by the other students work. I thought their writing was superior to mine and that they were more intelligent. Then I looked at their writing closer and discovered I wrote as good as any of them. Maybe the perceived superiority of your fellow students intelligence is just an illusion. A lot of my peers wrote their papers to sound good but most of their work was not better than mine.

3 Likes

this gives me hope…
I don’t know if it’s just an illusion, but I will try my best to graduate from this course. Even if I don’t succeed- I have this idea now that I already did enough. Somehow I graduated from college. Maybe I’ll be not the most sucesfull person ever, but I will try to do my best…

Just I started thinking that masters degree is actually to high for me. I fear the whole paper writing thing.
And thanks for hope! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As you progress through academia you will be confronted with people who know more than you or are just flat out smarter than you. This can be a humbling experience, but also a stimulatimg experience. It is up to you if the glass is half full or half empty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.