In 1977 I paid $10 to see Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest

Now I saw on Google that a floor level seat to see Bruce Springsteen is going for over $5000.

I saw him in 1978 and paid $15 and I was standing about 20 feet from the stage.

Times have changed.

7 Likes

People will pay crazy prices for concerts but then watch the concert through their phones.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s a different world. Back in the day I think most big artists earned off of record sales. Nowadays with streaming there’s money in touring so I tend to think it’s changed a bit for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, he didn’t need a walker to get on the stage in '78.

3 Likes

Ah the pre-ticketmaster times

Springsteen himself has protested Ticketmaster’s use of huge fees that get split with the venue in exchange for exclusivity. He doesn’t like seeing his fans get fleeced.

1 Like

there is a college football stadium 3/4 of a mile from my house. 4 years ago Bruce Springsteen played there and I could hear it at my house “baybe we were born to roll” I could here the lyrics.

In Florida there was a car dealership 3/4 miles from my house, I opened my door becuase I heard noise and STYX was just ending thier last song “mister roboto” I did not now it was the real deal till I found out the dealership hired them to do a concert, I missed it (I really wanted to see STYX) This was also about 6 years ago.

2 Likes

man, that’s cool…I saw cheap trick open up for KISS in about 77. saw lots of concerts…saw the Police, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Rolling Stones, Eagles, and Heart to name a few.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.