Important! Risperidone recall in Canada

4 Likes

Scary, lucky they were open about it.

3 Likes

Risperidone 0.25 mg tablets are yellowish-orange, oblong-shaped coated pills. They have “0.25” on one side and “R” on the other.

Gabapentin 100 mg capsules are white hard gelatin capsules, with “Gabapentin / 100 mg” printed on the capsule in blue.

The affected lot number of Risperidone pills is C9323. The pills were packaged in 100-count bottles, and have an expiry date of March 31, 2022.

If your bottle of Risperidone contains white capsules, Health Canada advises returning the pills to a pharmacy as soon as possible. Pharmacists should check all bottles before dispensing the pills.

7 Likes

Scary stuff! Thankfully im not on Risperidone.

3 Likes

I have the habit of checking my prescription pills whenever they’re refilled. Sometimes the generics look strange so I look them up. Hopefully no one got hurt as a result of this mixup. Gabapentin isn’t an effective as an anti-psychotic is sometimes used off label for anxiety.

2 Likes

Here its the pharmacy that packages the meds so they open the manufacturer bottle and verify the pills then put them in the pharmacy’s brand bottles, the recall is for 0.25mg anyways, I use 2 and 4mg.

3 Likes

I’m glad that this didn’t affect you @Aziz

3 Likes

Any disorder would use baby dosage of 0.25mg?

Most likely for children.

I get risperidone injection and don’t live in Canada.

Though thanks for the heads up!

1 Like