I'm transferring to a 4 year university!

CONGRATS MAN!~!! This is huge. I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

I would do stem or business/economics but thatā€™s just me.

I am doing my master of finance now. If you got any questions with finance/business you can ask me. I agree with the other statements that business administration or commerce degree would likely generate the best returns. However, the brand and ranking of business schools is of paramount importance. Some banks only recruit from top tier schools. If you want the truly high paying jobs (6 figures), you might need to be in Ivy League schools. Thatā€™s not to say itā€™s impossible to break into investment banking without a top tier degree but the odds are against you.

I would advise you to do something you are truly passionate about. If you are passionate about something, you will be good at it. If you are good at it, you would make good money.

2 Likes

Just got back from the college, probably canā€™t find housing on campus. I might just live at home and commute. Some of the kids seemed kind of rebellious. I saw a black guy smoking his bong right if front of this building, in broad daylight.

Congrats eduvigis. Hope things work out for you. On your way to a degree, with or without a mental illness, that is impressive!

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of majoring in Anthropology with maybe a minor in psychology. IF I like Psychology I might go for a BA in that .After getting sz I am more interested in abnormal psychology, hitting the books to learn about how normies tick simply doesnā€™t seem sustainable for me.

If I have a good undergrad experience I might go into law. Thatā€™s if I can keep my grades and extracurriculars up .

1 Like

Nursing or psychology. Donā€™t think that having a mental illness that you canā€™t help others. Dr. Drew Pinsky is a famous mental health practitioner who is open about his bipolar. I have a BA in history but I went on to law school. I practiced law for five years. Best wishes I am so happy for you.

Another field you can consider is environmental studies. They say itā€™s an up and coming field to be in. Although it may be challenging especially if you donā€™t have a near lifelong love for nature. I tried that field too but I found it difficult actually. More difficult than it sounds at leastā€¦ but your plan sounds good Iā€™m just throwing out another suggestion for you just in case you havenā€™t completely made up ur mind yet.

2 Likes

To be honest Eduvigis, I would suggest you to do computer science/computer programming. I firmly believe the future belongs to these people who work in technology companies like Google, Amazon, etc.

Not to discourage you or anything but a lot of jobs would be replaced by artificial intelligence in the future. This includes finance and law. JPMorgan has just reduced 400,000 lawyer billable hours by using technology to automate the contract drafting process. All that is required of a lawyer now in some cases is a sign off. This means the world has significant less need of lawyers. If you actually want to be a lawyer in the future, you would have to be extremely good at your job, same as finance. On the other hand, the future will see computer programmers coding and building new AIs and technology to replace humans.

Iā€™m starting a Software Development program in the Fall at my community college. I canā€™t wait! @eduvigis hop on the train! Programming is fun, and challenging.

1 Like

Separate from the issue of AI in employment, lawyering is one of those jobs where there are more qualified candidates than positions. Successful lawyers really have to hustle. If itā€™s your passion though, I wouldnā€™t want to discourage you.

1 Like