I'm so proud of myself

I lived through moving to my new apartment. It was physically exhausting. It was mentally overwhelming. Right in the middle of the move my 18 year old daughter decided it would be a good time to call me out on all my parenting flaws. I was also juggling pdoc, doctor and physical therapy appointments. My stress level was so high I had no idea where it even was. But I lived. I took my meds, I tended to my sleep hygiene and eating and I did a lot of breathing techniques. And I lived. I’m so proud, I’ve never handled this much stress so well.

14 Likes

Wow , something like that should boost your confidence in general.

1 Like

It seemed like the older I got, the better my parents seemed in retrospect. I hope your daughter progresses to some point of greater appreciation of you. I’m glad you survived the moving.

1 Like

Way to go, tera! I’m impressed that you mentioned breathing techniques because I’m just beginning to learn how vital they are. Now, how do you like your new apartment?

1 Like

thanks all and I’m still working on liking the new apartment - we’re downsizing and for me that’s hard because you have to consider sentimentality when letting go of things and introspection can be painful

Well done. We are all stronger than we think.

1 Like

I bet it feels good to be finally moved into your new apartment after all of that.

1 Like

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yes well done @tera! :slight_smile:
Congratulations!

2 Likes

so amazing xxxx

congrats - it is amazing when that starts to happen - try to give yourself a break now
I’m in that position myself

well done and lots of good wishes

1 Like

thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement

1 Like

Man, that all sounds tough even without SZ. Props.

1 Like