I'm coming off invega sustenna

Hey, yeah, I’m pretty much back to normal.
I shower almost everyday (I’m usually lazy on saturdays and don’t feel like doing anything on that day, including showering, but it’s just a personal preference rather than constantly not wanting to bathe).
Listening to music has improved as well, but I would say it hasn’t returned 100% (maybe about 80%).

I think I’m close to where I was before starting invega and getting all those side effects. I feel like I can go on with my life and actually go out and do the things I want

1 Like

İ m doing all this with my trevicta also? Am i missing something?i mean those symptoms usually occur in early ages of this drug.after 3 or 4 years you became most normal happy and intelligent sz patient of all time.i really and really don t understand why people demonizing such a wonderful medicine.but it might be dna problem.all drugs affect different everybody.anyway.good luck at your new medicines guys.by the way i really enjoy bunny wailer s reggea , bach 's music, cannibal corpse and morbid angel ’ s death metal

1 Like

That’s good to hear. How long have you been off invega?

2 Likes

Sorry .i m still on invega but three monthly version called trevicta

1 Like

That’s good to hear. How long now have you been off invega?

1 Like

My last shot was July 29th, 2019. So almost 2 years now!

Ok. Thanks. I’ve got a little while to go. I’ve been of it for only 2 days

1 Like

No problem! It will take time, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Feel free to post any updates here

1 Like

Thanks. How long do you think it took for you to feel better?

1 Like

Maybe around 6 months, but there were small victories along the way. It’s probably different for everyone, but it also has to do with the half life of invega (in its injection form), which I think is around 25 to 50 days. You need about 5 to 6 half lives for the med to be out of your system

1 Like

I know all about weight gain on antipsychotics. I gained lots of weight on Clozapine, Olansapine and Seroquel. On those I gained at least 20 pounds or more. The latter I’m still on and have been so for eigh yearst. I started on a diet of 1600 Kcal mostly veggies with a small portion of meat and oats. I have lost 1.5 stone in a period of 2 years and I now have a BMI of 25 (normal weight). The only place where I can’t loose fat is in the abdominal region.

2 Likes

Good luck. I don’t know much about Zyprexa other than it can cause significant weight gain.

1 Like

Hey did you ever get the feeling of nostalgia back? And did you get your emotions back?

1 Like

Welcome @Snow

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Ninjastar , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, and @Bowens

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like

I’m currently struggling with all the side effects you stated about invega sustenna and it’s been 7 months since my last injection and I still don’t feel good :frowning: I’m worried my emotions and nostalgia won’t come back

2 Likes

@Snow Hey, welcome! Yeah, I have my emotions and some nostalgia back.
I’m wondering if perhaps you’re still having these side of effects because of the med that you replaced invega with? Or did you just stop taking the invega and are currently not taking anything else?
Also, were you taking the 1 month injection or the 3 month injection?
If you were taking the 3 month injection, it will take considerably longer for the side effects to go away.
If you were on the 1 month, how high of a dose were you taking? I’m guessing if it was a higher dose then maybe it will take longer than if it were a lower dose
Also, if you are taking a new antipsychotic to replace the invega, which one is it?
I’d say don’t give up, let it reach the 1 year mark and see how you feel.
There’s also a chance that the side effects you’re experiencing are just the negative symptoms of this disease, but you know better than me if that’s something that makes sense, based on if you had schizophrenia for a while before taking invega

Hey thank you for your reply it gives me hope I can get better. I took the monthly injection for quite some time for about 2 years and I replaced it with the zyprexa the same as you. I actually took zyprexa before invega sustenna and I was much more productive and happier. I noticed my mind completely changed once I started taking the invega sustenna injection but I stayed on it for a while because just like you it controlled my symptoms but I did not feel well on it and I still don’t feel well. I used to go to the gym all the time on zyprexa but that completely stopped on the invega because it takes all the motivation away for me and I don’t get pleasure from music which was one of my fuels for the gym. I just want to feel my emotions and nostalgia again. So now that you’re recovered can you feel old nostalgic memories and create new ones? I just want reassurance because I really want to feel like my old self I spoke to another person who went through the invega sustenna injections and they told me they got their emotions and nostalgia back. I’m not too sure what dosage I was on for the invega sustenna injection. But yeah I was on zyprexa before the injection and now that I’m not on the injection I’m taking zyprexa again.

2 Likes

@AccreditedPsych

1 Like

i stopped invega er tablets a little over 3 weeks ago when i switched back to olanzapine, it was a smooth transition despite not tapering at all

1 Like

@AccreditedPsych by the way when I was on zyprexa before invega sustenna I felt nostalgia and emotions

2 Likes