If you could choose where to live where would you want to live

Yes it’s ok to use freedom pass there. But if I move there I’ll lose access to it I think.

1 Like

Dunedin in New Zealand

3 Likes

I think I have visited Watford before in my past…it is quite a nice town. And I had used a freedom pass. However, if you are actually moving there then idk… You may have to reapply for a new pass with the Borough which yea may be tricky or they may just update your address information…

1 Like

i am living in my forever home I moved here to maine 10 years ago we are in the woods but only 5 minutes to downtown its peaceful and the health care is better than most places.

2 Likes

Vermont would be nice in the summer, but brutal in the winter. I would like to travel and not stay in one place. The change of seasons would make a big difference.

I hear those are great places to live if you can stand the smell of rotten meat factories! :crazy_face:

@Zoe I’m pretty content where I’m at now. I kinda love crazy religious conservatives. :wink:

Maybe when I’m older though I’ll relocate to Arizona.

2 Likes

I love where I live. Wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. If I win the lotto, I would either buy another house here in our retirement park or maybe Orange, close to the circle.

2 Likes

It’s a lot closer, too!

1 Like

I would love to live in a small cottage in the Barossa Valley in South Australia. It is a very nice area, you can get some good properties for a good price. I’d like to have a veggie patch and some chickens. It also isn’t too far away from my family.

1 Like

Sunshine Coast Australia is great if you’ve money and the means. Traffic is still an issue certain times of year but I get that 30 minutes away in a way less interesting place. Of Japan. Anywhere in Japan would be goodness. Had a stopover there years ago and it was magical. Land of a thousand suns I would think and so much fun!

I’m happy where I’m at. The guy I’m dating thinks he would like to live in Seattle Washington. I looked it up and it has two stars compared to three stars for where I’m at. The max stars is five.

1 Like

I’m also am happy where I’m at. I would want to live in a 30 km radius.

I once read that most people die in less than 50 km from where they were born. That would apply to me as I was born in Brussels which is 25K from where I live now.

1 Like

I have thought about Mongolia because it’s so sparsely populated. I don’t know if I could survive there though.

I would like to be a vibrant bustling city - with lots of designers, tech, artists, musicians, and good food. Modern, Old, and Kind of grungy.

I like Washington DC. New York, Chicago, Los Angeles.

I like all the major cities in Europe, London, Paris, Berlin. I’d be happy in a big city if I can afford it. Also I would not have negative symptoms as it wouldn’t matter where I lived.

2 Likes

I hate the weather in Denmark and Scandinavia, but i like the society and culture.

I love the weather in the canarias (sunny and between 18 - 25 celsisus every day, every season) so if i could move scandinavia and make it part of the canarias, i would.

I want to live right where I’m living. On a desert, surrounded by a National Forest, in a tiny little town, close to a big city.

I have everything I need via the internet just 3 days away. There’s no fast food here. When I shop, mostly I’m shopping local. The closest grocery store sells locally grown organic produce. It takes 5 minutes to get anywhere in town. We are surrounded by snow covered mountains, we are on a mountain ourselves. We can expect snow 8 months out of the year (not bunches) I have a certain familiarity with most people in town, them or their family name. Covid took a year and a half to get here, it’s fairly uncommon. We just got a brand new hospital. I could go on forever about all the wonderful things about this place. I moved here about 19 years ago to take care of my aging mother who retired here and raised my kids here. When my kids had grown I tried moving to a little bigger of a city, I couldn’t handle it. This is home.

1 Like

Montana or Maine, perhaps Vermont they will pay you 7500$ to move there. Maybe Alaska or at least a summer home there. A winter home in Florida or Virginia might be nice. Upstate new york and the Dakotas sound cool to. I wouldn’t want to move out of the country but id like to visit all parts of the British isles , greece, italy, Switzerland, Madagascar, new Zealand, japan , cape verde, Australia.

A bit down the street

I got to live in a lot of different places when I was in the military. Visited all over the world. Lived in Virginia, Florida, Southern California, Japan, El Paso. So a little bit of everything.

I moved back home to Louisiana in 2013. We bought a house here a few years ago so we are here to stay. All our family is here but i wish my father was still alive.

I liked certain things at all the places I lived and visited but being around family is important. If it were just me I would probably go to Thailand or the Philippines. I could live like a king there. The Philippines even has a VA where I could get medical care and free meds like I do here.

Otherwise if money wasn’t an issue I liked Southern California. Most specifically San Diego or Hawaii. Okinawa which is a part of Japan is nice too.

2 Likes

Sometimes i love it here at home, but i am mobile and would like to follow the good weather trail around Australia. I mean following the summerseason. Even around the world maybe.