If we were all banished to an island

This island has everything we need houses running water ect. Would we be able to create a functional society? Would our fears of judgment and rejection be pacified knowing sz is the normal on the island? Or would this fail horribly? Thoughts and ideas please.

1 Like

We would destroy each other. Then live happily in Valhalla

7 Likes

I read this book by Philip K Dick where the normals sent all sz, bipolars, and depressives into outer space to go live on this Alphane Moon. Instead of fighting, or dying off, they developed an entire society.

There were the Pares (paranoid schizophrenics) who generally lived in the same community. Then the bipolars had their own community, as did the depressives. They didn’t quite get along, but they made due.

Then the normals invaded and the Pares and everyone on the Alphane moon had to defend their land.
Seriously, this book was awesome!

Sz did just fine without the normals, in fact they helped save the moon ! :smile:

Clans of the Alphane Moon by Philip K Dick

5 Likes

Lord of the flies.

5 Likes

It would be interesting to do, as a social experiment, speaking from a clinical point of view, but highly unethical. Especially since they wouldn’t use functional members of society they would likely use those who are in the care of the government, those who were hospitalized ect.

Me personally? if the conditions were right? I would be easily be able to adapt to such a situation. I am not violent (mostly) and actually have a high IQ and a lot of practical skills. However because of my physical injury I would not be able to survive on my own.

My injury is a tear of the ligaments that make my left leg bend at the knee corrected by surgery, but I still have at least four years before my leg is 100% again.

2 Likes

you only have to look at the last week on here to come to a conclusion !?!
but saying that face to face is very different than computer screen to computer screen.
i will always vote for peace and awesome :coffee: coffee.
there is a coffee machine on this island i hope ?
…and a coffee bean plantation :palm_tree: ?
and a cow :cow: for milk ?
and chocolate sprinkles ?
and those little cafe chairs and tables ?
and a french waiter ( with attitude ? )
otherwise i want my own island…lol :smiley:
take care :alien:

5 Likes

i forgot about cakes…
we are going to need a bakery…lol :doughnut: :cake:
take care :alien:

5 Likes

I’m getting good at handcrafting bows and arrows out of scrounged materials. I’d be useful.

Pixel.

3 Likes

i will catch as many fish as you want.

2 Likes

I will eat as many fish as you catch.

Pixel.

3 Likes

We all need to be like this guy…

Pixel.

4 Likes

:open_mouth:WOW…

3 Likes

I’ve taught kids to make these at 4-H…

Arrows are a LOT of work.

Pixel.

4 Likes

this place already exists: Australia! Jk mates!

6 Likes

I would find a tree to sit under. I don’t know how I would survive. I guess I’d think about it + go out in search of edible plants + nuts.

3 Likes

Ill only go if theres coffee

4 Likes

This island has eggs.

3 Likes

I’ve been a competitive archer for years. I can hunt XD food and cook it Italian style.

2 Likes

I agree! I am terrible at mass making arrows XD. I have ways to go with that one! Yay a fellow archer!!!

Count me in! Hopefully theres a nice area for me to make a nest

2 Likes