If I didn’t have sz I’d be or I’d do…

What would you be or do if you didn’t have sz?

I’ll go first. If I didn’t have sz I’d be a professor.

5 Likes

A better version of what I am now. Musician game dev. I would probably take Buddhism more seriously and try to make a living doing the stuff I love ?

3 Likes

Prob a game dev or a software dev.

4 Likes

If I didn’t have schizophrenia I’d be an engineer. I went to university for 3 years studying engineering and didn’t get my degree. I had a breakdown instead.

If I didn’t have schizophrenia I could have sleep walked into getting married and having kids . I never wanted that, so maybe schizophrenia saved me in that respect.

4 Likes

Probably be skinnier as I have never been able to shake the Zyprexa weight gain.

5 Likes

Who knows.

I could be a licensed massage therapist.

Living who knows where

6 Likes

If I wasn’t sick I’d still be living with my dad and stepmom and I’d be watching YouTube all day every day because I wouldn’t have any money from SSI to pay for Hulu + Live TV.

3 Likes

I would probably have got my uni degree and then had a good career in computer coding. Maybe got married and settled down.

I might have considered becoming a Buddhist monk, i dont know if im suited to that lifestyle but would have given it a try. As a schizophrenic its not really doable, for instance i cant meditate.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be so on edge all the time.
I’d be more care free and not be a slave to my anxiety and worries!

I wouldn’t have these damn intrusive thoughts

3 Likes

I would maybe work at a call center or go back to school maybe i would be a manager somewhere i would quit vaping and play more video games go to church ect

2 Likes

I would like to just ride dirt bikes and have fun and stay out of trouble.

3 Likes

My goal was to work in finance. I did finish uni and I guess it’s still a possibility, but most likely I’ll work in sales til I retire.

3 Likes

I definitely would have finished my education. I was sick in high school but it got to the breaking point when I got into college and I had to quit.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I feel disinterested in everything I was interested in. If I didn’t have sz I would want to have a YouTube channel making art.

Have an art craft channel.

4 Likes

I think it’s not healthy to want to be someone you are not. I have a lot of diseases I wish I didn’t have but do. That’s reality. However, the real goal should be to set manageable goals and then work on achieving those. Satisfaction comes from reaching goals that we’ve worked hard for regardless of the obstacles in our lives.

6 Likes

Living out my fantasies taking down the international mafia with a group of homegrown Irish men, James Bond action sequences, and many armed conflicts. Destruction of the world order, with hot women in the background.

In reality, I would be doing something for myself, and off contemplating the tough questions, while trying to find intelligent people to hold conversation with. Being much more proactive and engaged with life.

Also researching history…
In all honesty, there are too many interesting people in this world. And almost none of them get exposure to the masses. Often buried in the past, completely subjugated to those who write history and control the narrative. Take a stab at the rust of history, and you’ll find gold underneath.

2 Likes

I was happy doing what my dad did! But I want a place where I fit in with my diagnosis and my lifestyle. Hence changing to peer worker after 15 years.

I hope my diagnosis doesn’t stop me from what I want to do! Living myself is a real fear!

2 Likes

Without going into too much detail, I’d buy a phat sack of OG dank and have me a grand ole time.

:joy:

4 Likes

I’d be a physician. I was a med student when I had my first full-on psychotic break.

4 Likes

My only goal pre-schizophrenia was to work on the freeways as a highway maintenance worker like my dad did. I took the test and a month later I was in the hospital. If I would have got hired I would have made $1100 a month, nearly double what I had made at any previous jobs. I probably would have got my own apartment and another car and if I was lucky, a girlfriend.

4 Likes