I will never learn anything new

I will never learn anything new

We are always learning, why do you think that?

3 Likes

becouse I dont have patience, and its difficult to study

1 Like

yeah I have to learn by doing not able to learn from books or study really

2 Likes

I don’t study, although I have the desire. So I use the creativity gained from my SZ and DP/DR to make me more observant. By observance, I am able to learn many things… A different type of knowledge
but a valuable type none the less.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t read but I listen to audiobooks. So I’m still learning new things.

2 Likes

I have concentration and focus problems, too. I get around these things with a few tricks:

reading: I skip over words to speed read. I read slow enough to get the main points, but I’ll skip entire words so that I can read more in less time.

reading: built up to reading 30 page articles by reading comic strips (I barely could get through a comic strip during psychosis and post-psychosis for like 3 months). Would read 1 paragraph at a time, put book down, come back later for another paragraph. Got up to 30 page academic articles

Learning coding: I watch a lot of short videos specifically on the task I’m trying to do (i.e. how to write code to switch the app from one menu to another screen). Then, I spend like 15 minutes trying it, give up, and wander off to try something new.
I also tried Khan academy, where you just watch a 5 minute video and perform a 5 minute assessment, you can stop anytime and continue whenever. Udacity does that too, you can learn to code basics for free and they have short videos to watch.

I was trying to code, but didn"t get anywhere with that