I said no!

Way to do, Berru.

Iā€™m very proud of you. Good job!!!

1 Like

It was courageous of you to say no! Now you must feel you have control over your life. Good job!!!

yay!!! great job, I wish my brother and mom said no more often but thatā€™s a whole another story

Yeah, I got lucky in a weird way. I was living by myself in a studio having my using friends over almost every night. But I got kicked out of my apartment for not paying rent and I had to move away. I left all my using buddies behind. I made a clean start and after being half-in and half-out of AA for almost a year I made a commitment and started going to meetings regularly. Now I have 27 years clean and I stopped craving drugs so long ago that I donā€™t even remember what it was like. My life clean and my life using are like night and day.

4 Likes

Do you smook cigarettes ?

yes, I smoke a pack a day

Good for you. Besides weed really stinks :mask:

1 Like

Congrats @Berru for being sober that long. It was my 2 year mark from weed a month ago.

I was always a recreational pot smoker. I toked whenever it was offered to me. But I never went out looking for it and I never bought the stuff myself. I didnā€™t have to. It was always offered to me. Especially by groups of strangers on weekends. That went on for about 30 years until I totally quit at the age of 48, for religious reasons.

1 Like

I had a similar experience a few days ago. I ran into an old drinking buddy who tried to get me to drink and smoke weed with him and a couple of others. I was able to turn him down. It was a major victory for me. Certain people are strongly associated with alcohol for me. Just seeing them makes me want to drink. Itā€™s been over thirteen months since I last drank.

Why is this thread resurfacing?
I mean, itā€™s nice to see it strikes a chord with people, but itā€™s 9 months old.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar @Moonbeam @Rhubot @anon9798425
Zombie thread!

1 Like