I need to know about good jobs

Hello, i need to find a job. Maybe as a caregiver aide, or a shelf stocker, or floor cleaner

Stocker is such an awesome job in my opinion, my sister did it. I wanted to as well but I don’t think I could work nights cause my meds put me out.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

I always found that warehousing and work in the logistics chain to be good for me. It’s hard, physical work but it’s repetitive so you can zone out and still do your job. It also usually pays really well for unskilled work. It is hard work but exercise is good for us especially on these meds.

1 Like

Im in the market for a good job, if you recomend stocker i will look into it more intently :smiley: thank you

Im good with physical labor. Trying to remember things is what sits me down. I can alwats handle the weigths, but the thinking, deeply, or even about anything for more than 12 seconds is sometimes difficult

1 Like

Yeah it’s not complicated picking boxes. The advantages are it’s simple and the repetition lets you learn it pretty easily. It’s basically picking the stuff that is stocked at the stores so it’s pretty much the same sort of thing.

1 Like

I thought it was the perfect job being that you don’t have to deal with people as much and it’s not very labor intensive. The one I was trying to apply for was only hiring for nights though, not sure if that’s always the case?

1 Like

Department stores are often hiring people to do stock work. You can find stock work that isn’t a lot of heavy lifting. I did stock work at Kohl’s, Sears, Macy’s, Target, J.C. Penny’s and Montgomery Wards. I either just walked in and applied or used an employment agency or the Department of Rehabilitation got me the jobs.

I do janitorial work now but I think California (where I live) seems to have more programs or mental health agency’s that get you jobs than other places. We have employment agencies that cater solely to disabled people or just to mentally ill people. I rarely, if ever, hear other people in different areas talk about these but I’ve got several jobs using these agencies in my area of California.

My current company hires the disabled and veterans. They train people and we have counselors coming to the job site that we can talk about problems with. We also have other perks like extra rest breaks not to mention paid vacation and paid sick leave and paid holidays.

2 Likes

Shift work over here pays good if out of normal hours as you get shift bonus’. Makes the pay good for unskilled labor and as long as you can sling boxes your good.

2 Likes

I can sling boxes, almost want a factory job. Maybe pulling a level on repeat every couple seconds for 8 hours a day. Or something ridiculouly simple. I dont want to mess anything up. But i have to go to work, i cant curtail off my family any longer, im young but still, im a bit past move out of the house age, meaning i shouldve moved out already

1 Like

@Daniel Well it’s really good you want to work, trust me not everyone with this illness can. I had a stint on risperidone last summer where I was mowing lawns for the summer but that’s the only work i’ve ever done. No motivation.

1 Like

Im sorry to hear that. I can get motivated to work, i say it keeps me healthy and happy.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us!

I’m looking for simple work too. Not sure what I’ll do.

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Here are the moderators if you need them: @rogueone @Moonbeam @anon55031185 @Bowens @anon4362788

1 Like

This forum has a search function. You should try it as your question has been answered ten times over.

Welcome to the forum :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.