I miss smoking

I’ve even been dreaming about it. True, I’m more depressed since I quit. I’m in better physical health - people are saying I don’t cough like I used to. But my emotional health is suffering. I forget the addictive side of it which made me so dependent and having to apologize and excuse myself to go for a smoke and then, now I notice how smokers reek of smoke and don’t want that for myself. I haven’t smoked for a year and a half.

8 Likes

You save money, too!

Jayster

3 Likes

Right! Although I rolled my own and used pipe tobacco to save money.

When I rolled my own, I had a lot of mess. Also, I got lots of burn holes when I rolled my own.

J.

1 Like

True. Tobacco flakes all over the dresser and burn holes in my favorite clothing. Thank you for reminding me.:grin:

1 Like

Sometimes I miss smoke so much I light a stick of incense.

That’s a thought. I used to like incense until a roommate objected to it. I’ll ask around here but I doubt if anything lit would be allowed in our rooms. I live in an adult foster care home.

I used to take my incense outside in the backyard because my mom is allergic to ANYthing that has a scent to it.

That’s a thought although in the open air is it as affective?

It’s better than nothing. When the breeze blows it by your nose, it’s wonderful.

1 Like

Me Mr. running.

Where do you run to?

same here chordy…!!! smoking is bad for SZ…!!

Well done on being off cigarettes for that long chordy. I couldn’t quit nicotine so i now use an ecig.

Have you considered herbal cigarettes? They don’t have nicotine so they aren’t addictive, and they don’t smell as bad to others. Some of them are even made with mint so they actually smell good. It would give you that feeling of inhaling smoke, and if you liked menthols then the mint would definitely be a good option.

No. It isn’t the sucking, it’s the nicotine that I miss.

2 Likes

You need a vape pen, you can get all sorts of flavours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope. Too expensive and I really don’t want to be addicted again.

1 Like

It’s actually much cheaper than smoking.

Really, I’m just fighting off the addiction. I will conquer this but it won’t happen if I deny that I miss them sometimes.

3 Likes