I’ll be leaving soon…

Hey, so recent events have occurred in my life so that I feel it best to step down as mod and anonymize my account. I’m not sure when it’s happening logistically. I’ll be on until my powers are removed.

I try not to complain honestly, but my physical issues are growing. My congestive heart failure is progressing, my esophogus and stomach no longer functions correctly, I’m a severe diabetic and got severe covid several times and I’m losing function in my whole digestive system. They said my body is attacking it self in multiple ways. Many are auto immune issues exacerbated by covid. I’ve already lost several organs. They did biopsies of my stomach several times recently. Several tissues are now malignant, so they are deciding what to do. I can barely eat or drink even. I’ve lost 43 lbs in the last two months. I’ve had two surgeries that have been unsuccessful.

The problem is that the esophogeal hole leading to the stomach does not open. Everything sits in my esophogus and absorbs through that. The problem is that I’m not absorbing my daily meds or food well. I’m malnourished and my pills I need for thyroid, pancreas, psych, etc are not effective due to not absorbing in my stomach.

All the doctors are saying I’m not going to last much long. One doctor said they were surprised I’ve lived this long. In this last year I spent a total of 323 days in a hospital. And yes, I was moderating during those times. So I’m refusing any further difficult treatments. I’m not opting for chemo, heart surgeries, etc. I’m going to enjoy life for as long as possible. What matters to me is my children. I’m giving them the best lives with me and they got to spend every moment they want with me. So I’m just going to end my time on this forum and focus solely on my family. My eldest is in high school, and the others follow suit soon. My youngest is nine.

And yeah, all this has caused marital issues, to where we are considering separation. It hurts as it was our 15 wedding anniversary on the 9th. But we are going to counseling and I’m going to therapy to work on it all.

Anyway, that’s my life in a nutshell.

I’ve gotta say, I really enjoyed my time here. It’s been some messed up fun, too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I won’t forget you. Some of you have imprinted into my memories. I could say something lovely about each one of you, but I’d probably crash the forum. :rofl:

So I’ll just say, remember to be healthy in every way, don’t give up on yourselves, and always be proud of your courage in adversity. Living with mental illness demands courage and determination. And you have that in spades.

Finally, keep your mind happy, your thoughts happy, and keep laughing.

Bye guys.

53 Likes

I wish you the best as well.

1 Like

I feel a little upset. Youre going through a lot. I wish you the best

1 Like

I will miss you @anon55031185 You are a strong and courageous person. I admire that very much. Take care of yourself and your family. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Wish you only the best as always have and thanks for your service to the cause.

1 Like

@Jonathan2 youve always been a stable supporter on this forum. You truly care about others. Don’t forgot what a positive person you are. I think you’ve helped so many here.

2 Likes

@AppleKidd you are a great member. I always liked your posts. Keep on being amazing!

1 Like

Hey, you are an awesome mod. It was sincerely a pleasure working with you. You can pm me if you want to keep in touch.

1 Like

I’m so proud of you @rogueone with your health progress. I know it’s been a hard journey, but you are seeing positive changes. Keep going, and you can always pm me. I want to see you achieve your dreams! I know you’ll be running the Boston marathon one day!

1 Like

Wishing you all the best. You are a valued member of our community

2 Likes

wishing you to the best

1 Like

@anon55031185

How old are you?

We’re you mostly healthy 9 years ago when you had your youngest?

Im so saddened to hear this that your so sick, it is a shock and im sorry to hear :pensive:

1 Like

Such a fighter @anon55031185 … such a fighter…

2 Likes

This all honestly makes me feel guilty for anything I may have said that was at all critical to you. It’s no wonder you have been a bit stressed. We appreciate the service you have given to the community. And you wont be forgotten here if you decide to anon. You have definitely made a mark here on the forum.

Edit: Seriously, I knew you were in the hospital a lot, but you never expressed it so it seemed so dire before. I really feel bad for any added pressure I may have put on you now.

2 Likes

I haven’t participated a lot on the forum and had no idea. You are truly a corageous person. Thanks for your support. I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Lately i try to be more understanding about everyone I interact with. You never know what the other person is going trough.

4 Likes

You’ll be missed on the forum. You’ve been an amazing mod.

Wishing you a beautiful quality time with your family who you choose to focus on.

And best of luck with everything. It’s true you are a very courageous person. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m a little bit in shock.

Thanks for everything you’ve done on the forum.

You’re a very courageous person.

4 Likes

You will be missed! Take care of yourself :blue_heart:

2 Likes

O @anon55031185 i did not know. I dont know what i am feeling.

Edit : :face_holding_back_tears:
You make your peace :dove:
There is always … , i want to say it but its not allowed here.
We will meet, untill then have your time well spent :heart:

2 Likes