I heard of that when we get older, the Sz symptoms will decrease naturally

I hope it is true.

Yep my schizophrenia has got a lot better the last 10 years or so, since i was put on clozaril, negative symptoms still remain, overall though pretty good!

2 Likes

In my case, the first 20 years were the hardest. But really, I suffered a total of 33 years before I finally recovered with meds. It was a very long, hard road for me.

Itā€™s true. Things get better with age. But you may have to wait a long time. My first big episode was at age 23. I finally recovered at age 56. Iā€™m 60 now and itā€™s still good.

1 Like

I hate to tell you this but the metabolic effects of the meds, and the negative symptoms have gotten worse for me as Iā€™ve aged. The positive symptoms are indeed much better.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found that most chronic illnesses seem to be that way, as long as they arenā€™t degenerative. As Iā€™ve gotten older (note that Iā€™m still just 25 but Iā€™ve had symptoms since early childhold) I donā€™t think my symptoms have gotten any better, I have just become better at coping with them and am more educated so its less overwhelming and scary.

2 Likes

Were you on meds all this while?it took you 20 years to recover with meds?

1 Like

Good question! Iā€™ve been on meds for almost 30 years beginning in 1991. These were all mostly ineffective until 4 years ago in 2016 when my pdoc decided to introduce me to polypharmacy, and put me on three different APā€™s. Thatā€™s when I finally recovered.

1 Like

You recovered with meds or without? Your symptoms got better while you are on the same dosage of meds?

Are you off meds now?

No chance. Been on meds for two decades now. That really does help too but meds is a givenā€¦I donā€™t think you recover from multiple episodes without them.

There are some people like John Nash that recover after 20 years,you didnā€™t try going off your meds?

I did not recover on the meds I was taking from the years 1991 through 2015.

I did finally recover on the meds Iā€™ve been taking from 2016 through 2020.

Oh that means you recovered with meds and not age

1 Like

So your symptoms got better while being on the same dosage of medicine?

As I understand it there is a general belief that symptoms become less problematic on the meds. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a magical state where you suddenly donā€™t need meds. At our current technology Iā€™m meds for life. My symptomsā€¦way easier to deal with and less pronounced for sure.

1 Like

Idk, my doctor told me to take the meds for 1-3 years then try going off them since my symptoms are mild. So I supposed the symptoms gets better with age?so much so that some people donā€™t need meds after a while

Itā€™s worth a shot if your symptoms are under control. Many recover from first episode psychosis and donā€™t need a life on meds. For me. Iā€™ve had multiple episodes and itā€™s not worth the risk. Meds for life for me.

Even if you are multiple episodic, thereā€™s a chance you will make recovery happened like John Nash case but itā€™s up to you whether you want to go off meds and take a risk or not. I am also multiple episodic but I plan to go off meds after 3 years maybe

Hmm.

My Personal Experiences With ā€œHallucinationsā€, Havenā€™t Amplified or Deceased.

The Vibration/Frequency Has Remained The Same Since I Was Diagnosed.

Itā€™s Jus Shifts From Field (A) to (B) to Ā© And Back to (A).

A Cycle if You Will.

Life, And The Great Unknown.

Itā€™s Pretty Exciting And Hopeful For Me.

Itā€™s Jus Thus Society, Civilization, Culture Thing That Doesnā€™t Make Sense.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

Iā€™m not sure John Nash recovered in a conventional sense but stranger things have happened. I still get the odd breakthroughs on the meds. Not worth the risk for me but itā€™s worthy of working towards with you docs help. Iā€™ve found that conversation is often had early for most. Weā€™ll assess things in a couple of years etc but reality usually bites.