I haven't smoked weed in 7 years haha

i don’t think it’s a crime though. but i do think drugged driving should be a crime. i still think about it sometimes, remembering the good times, but all the last times i smoked was miserable, i was hallucinating and paranoid. my memory is much improved now that i dont smoke anymore. if it was ever legalized here i don’t know what would become of me. i would probably take a downward slide. anyways, i read it’s not good for building muscle and working out, so i will stay away from it, as working on my body is my number 1 hobby right now.

5 Likes

I haven’t taken any in 48 hours.

I’m better off without it

No I’m Better off with it

No I’m better off without it

No better off without it

Good if I mixed it up. But that doesn’t seem possible unless I could fly back and forth northeast to Florida for every other week.

I’m
Feeling cognizant without it.

I’m better off without it

No I’m
Better off with it.

Hard to say

Still figuring it out

2 Likes

“They call me daddy phat sacks
Because I always got, awe you guessed it!
High clientele
Is all I mess with.”

:crazy_face:

1 Like

there are some positives, it makes me more self reflective and think about things, but for me the negative things it was doing to me, was not worth it. and i don’t like how long it takes to sober up. i don’t want to be stuck inside for 4 hours, im real sensitive to it. so i don’t smoke it anymore.

2 Likes

I haven’t smoked weed in years, however, I ordered some CBD, but it had THC in it, and when I took it I got a buzz, thankfully I didn’t become psychotic, haven’t taken it since. Got rid of it actually.

5 Likes

It changes for me with time. I may not need it anymore. I’m sure I’ll go back probably. But I always knew my non stop use of it since 2017 was not a permanent solution. But it did help my panic attacks go away with time and now I never ever get panic attacks. But that doesn’t mean I still need weed. It healed it from me. Now I’m just left with some addiction

I got over the “withdrawal” and I’m like hypomanic edging but making sense and clear today

Right now I say I won’t go back but deep down I know I might.

2 Likes

yeah it’s a tough habit to break. luckily for me, im not even around it anymore, which makes it easy not to smoke it. if i was still hanging out with my old friends, i would probably still be an occassional smoker.

2 Likes

To those that had weed induced psychosis, have you tried stopping meds and weed at the same time, how did it go?

1 Like

I tried going off AP’s while NOT smoking weed and I became psychotic anyways. If I smoke weed while off AP’s I am almost guaranteed to become psychotic.I don’t smoke weed, drink or smoke cigs anymore. Been clean for a long time and I feel much better. Eat better too. Did a total 180 compared to my old lifestyle.

2 Likes

I quit smoking weed in 2014. I don’t know any drug dealers in this city so I can’t get any. I’d like to be able to smoke it again someday just not too much.

2 Likes

@Headspark that’s pretty impressive. Any advice for someone who’s trying to do the same?

Baby steps, I did one thing at a time and it took me a long time to do it. First I stopped drinking because I didn’t want to mix alcohol with my meds. Then a few years later I quit smoking cigs, that was the hardest. Then a few years after that I quit smoking weed. I also started adding healthier food to my diet and avoiding the junk/fast food. I still eat junk food but not nearly as much, and I eat healthier on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I wouldnt use weed on invega i think it increases risk of heart problems and other side effects

It’s been two weeks for me. I don’t really feel different besides not high obviously. I don’t miss it really. Im sure I’ll do it again some day as it was helpful for my mood and didn’t seem tk worsen psychosis.

1 Like

Drugged driving is a crime. DWI/DUI refer to all drugs, not just alcohol.

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks. It’s good to know that it is attainable. I’m pretty much doing the same thing, baby steps like you say. I’ve started exercising everyday I’m going for a walk and I’m eating less frozen foods and more fresh stuff.

Still a long, long way to go. Quitting smoking is going to be the biggest challenge I think

1 Like

My parents smoke weed and drink alcohol and drive all the time

I too think I’m not a case of schizophrenia really. More “cannabis induced psychosis”

When I finally quit the pot , my meds started to work and my constant annoying voices stopped

2 Likes

Were you a heavy smoker @keylow ? I used to smoke it a lot , mostly for pain but I’ve cut way down

1 Like

Oh yes heavy user. The first few times I smoked up I got anxiety attacks back when I was about 18 years old. I was prescribed prozac and that helped lots. I started to smoke several times daily. Did that for about 12 years. At 27 years of age I got my episode of annoying auditory hallucinations and delusions. Tried different meds while still smoking up…but way less. No med worked until I finally gave up on the marijuana use.

1 Like