I haven't done any of my hobbies

Recently I haven’t done any of my hobbies and it’s kinda stressful when I tell myself I will and don’t idk what to do anymore I’ve played my new video games twice and I might do that after a bit o guess I’m just frustrated with myself

6 Likes

I somedays find it difficult to get anything accomplished other than browsing this forum and eating. I have a hard time getting into hobbies also.

5 Likes

@Bowens I’m good at getting some things done just not much fun stuff

2 Likes

I barely get anything done most of the time, I have fun stuff piling up and I just don’t feel like it. I did do something today, but it wasn’t very good cus my heart wasn’t in it.

A lot of times, I’ll plan a list of things I want to get done the next day, but I usually end up doing them over the course of a week. I often go between wanting to spend my whole day doing a certain hobby and then not doing it at all. It’s annoying.
A therapist once told me, “You have to choose to do the work everyday”. She wasn’t exactly talking about hobbies, but I think it could apply to a lot of stuff.

2 Likes

I use to enjoy all kinds of things that I don’t do anymore. There are things I am responsible for here at home and I get those things done, and I work twice a week. Otherwise I spend an inordinate amount of time surfing the Internet and watching TV.

2 Likes

It’s okay to take a break from a hobby. No need to feel guilty.

Have you tried telling yourself you’ll do the hobby for 5 min only? Usually, this works on me because it takes the pressure off. Getting started is the hardest part. I often end up doing the hobby for longer than 5 min (sometimes up to an hour), or sometimes I just quit after 5 min. :slight_smile:

I have too many hobbies that involve creativity/imagination. I like to live vicariously through books, but this isn’t as rewarding as it used to be. I feel like I have no life. I need to get outside my own mind.

Sometimes I wished I could just skateboard all my life and don’t worry about anything. I can almost do a 360 :grimacing:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.