I have jury duty next week

Maybe they made a mistake. Call up the court or whoever is responsible for assigning jurors and get them to clarify their policy on schizophrenics serving. Tell then you’ve heard of many other people who got out of jury duty for being schizophrenic. It might just be a misunderstanding.

5 Likes

You might want to do some research on your own on the web for Minnesota laws about serving on a jury with mental illness.

2 Likes

Yeah good idea.

3 Likes

I was picked for jury duty a few years ago…I told them that, cuz this is a small town, that it’s likely that whatever judge was sitting the case, he or she likely might have committed me in the past and would be biased. I also told them that I have command voices which might affect my vote if the trial came to that…they excused me and I’ve never gotten another request.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten jury duty before I found it kind of fun and interesting. It kinda made me want to study law.

1 Like

Perhaps it depends on the severity of your condition and current state.

Obviously they wouldn’t employ a juror who was currently in an unstable condition. But if youre stable i dont see why they would bar all people with sz. … hope your situation works out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They don’t want me as a juror.

It is not that it would be a horrible experience for me to sit as a juror. It is that I couldn’t do the job they want done.

2 Likes

Maybe whoever is on trial is pleading insanity. Jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I got called up when I was overseas and then when I came back. I just said I had a medical condition that prevented me from doing it and don’t think I even got a doctors note. Can’t really remember. I remember the bastardos sent me a fine for not voting in an election. We have compulsory voting and that required way more proof getting out of that than getting out of jury duty.

3 Likes

When I was asked I told them I had schizophrenia and wouldn’t be able to follow what was going on.

1 Like

I’ve never been on a jury but trials with jurors are rare here. It’s only for murder cases.

1 Like

The case was settled so I don’t have to report for jury duty! :grinning:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.